How will Cersei's downward spiral end?

We all know Cersei is a fire burning out of control bringing everything down with her throughout the books leading up to her being accused by the High Septon and her Walk of Shame. Where will Cersei end up at the end of her self and government destructive path?

Im going with she survives her trial but will have some altercation with Jaime when they finally meet up again and Jaime will strangle her to death.

Well based on Maggy's prophecy she'll live long enough to see Myrcella and Tommen bite the dust. I kinda hope the prophecy is wrong though, I really enjoy Cersei's POVs, and I think her character is more dynamic than most.

Now that Kevan is no longer there to force her back to Casterly Rock, I think she'll try re-invent herself and fail miserably, ending with Jaime or Loras putting her out her misery. Kevan's thoughts in the epilogue of Dance suggest there is no way back for her.

She'll set the Faith to the torch, burning the High Sparrow, the Most Devout and most of his faction alive. FrankenGregor will perish in the inferno massacring the Warrior's sons, showing the upjumped septons that a Lannister always pays her debts.

I'd like to see her at least triumph over the Faith before everything falls to pieces and she has to flee with whatever remains of her family to Casterly Rock.

She'll probably survive her trial, then somehow manage to weasel back into power as Tommen's Regent after Kevan's death. Once in power, she'll do everything in her power to destroy the Tyrells without realizing that she's only destroying herself. Then the younger queen (whoever it is) will come to take everything she held dear away from her, and finally Jaime puts her out of her misery.

Of course, this is just me guessing :P

It depends on wether she becomes Queen Regent again or not. Seeing as the small council is filled with Tyrells and they all hate her, I doubt she'll have an easy time getting her power back. She'll probably start a veiled war against the Reach within the Red Keep, working her influence from the shadows instead of upfront, and that will distract the Crown from all the other impending threats, leading to the demise of both Lannister and Tyrell power.

In the end, if prophecies are really worth their money, during the upcoming all-out civil war, Tommen and Myrcella will die, and in book 7 she'll be killed by who-knows-whom.

She'll probably survive her trial, then somehow manage to weasel back into power as Tommen's Regent after Kevan's death. Once in power, she'll do everything in her power to destroy the Tyrells without realizing that she's only destroying herself. Then the younger queen (whoever it is) will come to take everything she held dear away from her, and finally Jaime puts her out of her misery.

Of course, this is just me guessing :P

I want Cersei to burn the Sept of Baelor to the ground and destroy the Faith's higher echelons in the process. We can be pretty much certain she's going to destroy the High Sparrow and his church or die trying.

I think what RedBean stated will happen but hope for what Dagon Greyjoy said, with Cersei ultimately becoming a Silent Sister. I just don't wish for her death.

She'll become another strong political player. She'll live long enough to see Tommen and Myrcella die. Then she'll loose her mind completley and try to burn down KL with wildfire. Jamie will stop her by strangling her. It will mirror him saving KL from the Mad King 15 years before

During the trial by combat Lancel knocks the helm off Robert Strong, revealing that he's a reanimated corpse. This combined with the charges of incest lead to a holy war by the Warrior's Sons against house Lannister, and in particular Cersei. After loosing a last hold out fight against the faith's forces, led by Lancel, Lancel chokes Cersei to death for manipulating him earlier in the series.

She will lose all power and see her children die as a result of her own stupid actions. Then she will be exiled to the Slave Cities where she' ll be taken as a lowly bedslave and die in obscurity from her misery and frequent beatings from the slave masters. This is my most fervent wish

Archived