Who do you think is the rightful ruler of the Seven Kingdoms?

Sappheira

Abject nonsense.

There was a thread just last week that caused quite a stir with the Targaryen fans. The main argument for saying the Targ claim is gone is that use of force to claim a throne is perfectly acceptable when you consider that Aegon set precedent when he became the King through force. How anyone can argue against that logical is nonsense to me.

There was a thread just last week that caused quite a stir with the Targaryen fans. The main argument for saying the Targ claim is gone is that use of force to claim a throne is perfectly acceptable when you consider that Aegon set precedent when he became the King through force. How anyone can argue against that logical is nonsense to me.

Robert didn't conquer the kingdoms or claim the throne by conquest though.

There was a thread just last week that caused quite a stir with the Targaryen fans. Aegon set precedent when he became the King through force. Robert simply did the same. How anyone can argue against that logic is nonsense to me.

No, of course not. Although remember there was a ...

WARMING PAN in that little scenario.

Malicious rumors that are not proven, similar to how Daeron II was supposedly Aemon's bastard.

Robert didn't conquer the kingdoms or claim the throne by conquest though.

You replied before I could correct my run-on sentence.

So conquest is fine, but rebellion is not? That's nitpicking IMO. The main point is that Aegon became king by killing and so did Robert.

Malicious rumors that are not proven, similar to how Daeron II was supposedly Aemon's bastard.

Lots of people believed it though, whereas no one doubts that Dany is Aerys' daughter.

Anyway, the Glorious was over 300 years ago and the country with a great measure of unanimity agreed the crown should goes to James' daughter. Not the same situation for Dany at all.

Anyways, according to the ruling of Dany she abandoned her claim when she fled from her home.

Lets not do this. Dany obviously had no choice in the matter as she was a baby whereas the women did.

Really really terrible analogy.

Knowing that Tommen is a bastard and that the Targaryens are no longer recognized as the royal family, the answer is Stannis.

Too many people answer this question as if it were, "Who do I want to rule Westeros?" And that's not what it's asking ...

Lets not do this. Dany obviously had no choice in the matter as she was a baby whereas the women did.

Really really terrible analogy.

And yet I can't help but think that the scene was included precisely to make the point Minsc is proposing. It's obviously there for a reason.

Nope, his claim was his Targ blood. Else Ned would have taken the throne.

Can't really support this thought, but I always assumed that Arryn, Ned and Robert came to that decision simply to appease the general populace to make an ascension to the throne less "icky". Is there any proof in the books to say otherwise? I don't recall the specifics, but I seem to remember that the rules of succession have never been fully defined by GRRM...

Lots of people believed it though, whereas no one doubts that Dany is Aerys' daughter.

Anyway, the Glorious was over 300 years ago and the country with a great measure of unanimity agreed the crown should goes to James' daughter. Not the same situation for Dany at all.

Precisely. Hardly anybody (in Westeros) wants Aerys's daughter.

Quote? You got a quote?

A rich woman came, whose husband and sons had died defending the city walls. During the sack she had fled to her brother in fear. When she returned, she found her house had been turned into a brothel. The whores had bedecked themselves in her jewels and clothes. She wanted her house back, and her jewels. "They can keep the clothes," she allowed. Dany granted her the jewels but ruled the house was lost when she abandoned it.

Viserys and Dany abandoned their claim.

Archived