[BOOK SPOILERS] Episode 9 Preview

Interesting ET interview with Natalie Dormer yesterday. Perhaps I'm seeing clues that don't exist? Yes, the penultimate episode is a true shocker and 'flips everything on its head,' but... the final episode does, too? Clues, clues, where's Sherlock when we need him?

ETA: typo

I think you are seeing things. Not to single you out but I don't get this idea how anything that happens in the future of the books is a sign that X (particularly the PW) is going to happen this season, even if it make little sense. They have already gotten their script for season 4 a while ago so she knows what happens to Joff. It not bizzare or a sign of anything that she references one of the most important elements of her storyline. And she right where most of the stories end is pretty much the end of a miniarc and does wip the slate clean for next season.

How about "A Lannister Always Pays His Debts"

Listen to the sample: http://www.amazon.co...s ramin djawadi

A sad, moody version of the Rains we haven't heard yet. And it is the first track after the main title, because it will be etched into everyone's brains. Yep. Yep.

Edit (I love editing): If that really plays over the episode 9 end credits, someone who writes this post will be bawling like a baby.

Didn't they play this one for episode 7 closing credits?

Agree, I never for a second considered PW for this season, but... can't think of anything else that would 'almost wipe the slate clean' for season 4. And she wasn't just blathering, because its a very focused interview--she's asked by the interviewer how Margaery is going to handle violent psycho Joff and she answers quite convincingly without ever letting on that she knows full well Margaery won't have to deal with her husband's violence, because he'll be dead before that ever happens. Anyway, who knows...

Here's the whole interview:

http://www.etonline....nale/index.html

Now when I think about, "For the Realm" would fit an episode that ends with the PW. Just listen to the sample, it seems like a main theme version of music played at a wedding, and it isn't exactly a sad or epic tune either. And killing Joffrey would without a doubt be for the greater good of the realm and pretty much everyone and everything that lives.

Yep we heard that one already, but not that part of the song.

Maybe they've got several instrumental versions? Having only one on the soundtrack makes sense to me. This one sounds way sadder than the episode 7 version, which was an epic version of the tune. But the track is almost three minutes, so it could be the episode 7 ending is from the same track. I still could see them play the sadder part next episode.

They sound different, but the same at the same time. One track that goes from sad to epic could be a possibility.

Edit: I would be rather mad if they remove the episode 7 end credits version from the soundtrack. I hope that part really is on track 1.

I see. By the way number 16 sounds like the perfect music for chaos.

ETA: I think For the Realm will be the closing credits for the finale.

Totally agree - I'd bet money that plays over the scene.

Reek is an interesting song - have we heard that yet? It's got some of the melodies from the Pyke song etched into it but it's much more upbeat and percussion driven.

I really wish it was Sunday night already, and I can't believe I'm actually writing that. It's making me incredibly anxious.

Same. I've been feeling abnormally bored these last two weeks, just because of how anxious/apprehensive I am about seeing the RW on screen, and nothing else really takes my mind off of it. Pretty excited about Queenscrown too :dunce:

I really wish it was Sunday night already, and I can't believe I'm actually writing that. It's making me incredibly anxious.

The internet chaos that will explode about 15 seconds after the episode ends will be amazing. After the episode airs, I don't plan on posting anywhere for a couple of days anyway, just sit back and watch fall-out, Sullied and Unsullied alike. I read a quip earlier by a Sullied, who said 'I'm afraid the internet will break!' :P

Going a little off topic here: A person on the ASoIaF forums with a the same name as a character in Rome and a Breaking Bad avatar made me smile. You have good taste in television series.

Totally agree - I'd bet money that plays over the scene.

Reek is an interesting song - have we heard that yet? It's got some of the melodies from the Pyke song etched into it but it's much more upbeat and percussion driven.

I have said it elsewhere but Reek seems to me like it means Reek will be named this season, because otherwise the name is pretty meaningless to unsullied who buy the tracks. Plus it sounds to me like a fully decayed version of What is Dead May Never Die. Pay the Iron Price is the more decayed version. Then ending in Reek. They follow Theon's mental state and his descent into madness.

It shows his initial attempted ties to the Starks (beginning of WiDMND has Stark theme in it) but eventually gives way to the Greyjoy theme. Pay the Iron Price then portrays him being pushed to make terrible decisions and his conscience, which he is fighting to ignore. The Greyjoy theme fighting to be heard over the other sounds warning of danger. Then Reek shows the Greyjoy theme twisted and almost being completely overshadowed by the chaos of the drums, symbolizing how he is twisted almost beyond recognition and has had his identity buried by Ramsay's cruelty.

Or I'm overthinking it. Or a bit of both.

Archived