B + S = R ASOIAF Cracked (Spoilers)

Shadow Chaser

What the hell is going on here? When people come on this forum and talk about, for example, Targaryens being fireproof, something that is implied by the text, they get a torrent of abuse and a load of people asking them how they could be so very stupid as to think that was the case. This guy comes on spouting a load of abject nonsense and people are asking him if he can predict the end of the series? Telling him not to give up because he might be onto something here? The mind boggles.

What the hell is going on here? When people come on this forum and talk about, for example, Targaryens being fireproof, something that is implied by the text, they get a torrent of abuse and a load of people asking them how they could be so very stupid as to think that was the case. This guy comes on spouting a load of abject nonsense and people are asking him if he can predict the end of the series? Telling him not to give up because he might be onto something here? The mind boggles.

And now you know how prophets rise, religions start and empires fall.

It may not be worth as much as an answer to who the mummer's dragon is, but it's still an interesting tidbit about human nature.

Cut the guy some slack most of us here have had a theory or comment blasted by our brethren...at least I have lol thinking Dany is fire proof just shows that someone didn't read the books and just jumped into a pool full of sharks to swim, but this guy is trying to go next level with this theory. Doesn't mean I think he's right but I'll read posts all day from people who know the books and try to get really deep in the story. Its the "is Dany fireproof" type of posts that drive me crazy bc it shows that either you didn't actually read the books or you didn't understand them, or you are just flat out derp a derp. If someone is willing to jump down the rabbit hole and risk derision from the masses I'll totally support them as long as there is some shred of evidence to back up their theory. So ty OP for laying this craziness on us and like i said before please elaborate. A theory this out there needs to be fleshed out 100%. You can't cut corners when you're this far out there so regroup, pick am example, and detail detail details!

This isn't as stupid as those theories this makes for a good and crazy funny read,Those theories don't.

Cut the guy some slack most of us here have had a theory or comment blasted by our brethren...at least I have lol thinking Dany is fire proof just shows that someone didn't read the books and just jumped into a pool full of sharks to swim, but this guy is trying to go next level with this theory. Doesn't mean I think he's right but I'll read posts all day from people who know the books and try to get really deep in the story. Its the "is Dany fireproof" type of posts that drive me crazy bc it shows that either you didn't actually read the books or you didn't understand them, or you are just flat out derp a derp. If someone is willing to jump down the rabbit hole and risk derision from the masses I'll totally support them as long as there is some shred of evidence to back up their theory. So ty OP for laying this craziness on us and like i said before please elaborate. A theory this out there needs to be fleshed out 100%. You can't cut corners when you're this far out there so regroup, pick am example, and detail detail details!

So you think someone who just hasn't read the books very closely is more ridiculous than someone who basically just writes what amounts to a load of random sentences and draws a load of random connections? Clearly you think there is a shred of value in this thread so could you please let me know what it is that you think is worth pursuing? What, apart from the fact that the events in ASOIAF are informed by legend/myth/lore, do you find convincing about what has been written in this thread? You write that you will support someones ideas as long as there is a shred of evidence to back it up, so what shred of evidence has made you think that the 'ideas' (not really sure you can call them that) are worth supporting? Personally I think this guy is just taking the piss and is trying to be funny about the way that a lot of people on this forum come up with crazy ideas and then just don't explain them.

So you think someone who just hasn't read the books very closely is more ridiculous than someone who basically just writes what amounts to a load of random sentences and draws a load of random connections? Clearly you think there is a shred of value in this thread so could you please let me know what it is that you think is worth pursuing? What, apart from the fact that the events in ASOIAF are informed by legend/myth/lore, do you find convincing about what has been written in this thread? You write that you will support someones ideas as long as there is a shred of evidence to back it up, so what shred of evidence has made you think that the 'ideas' (not really sure you can call them that) are worth supporting? Personally I think this guy is just taking the piss and is trying to be funny about the way that a lot of people on this forum come up with crazy ideas and then just don't explain them.

I'm giving dude the benefit of the doubt that he does have a shred of evidence to back this up. That's my problem with this is he doesn't explain it fully. Is he on to something? Probably not. Is he trying to be funny? I hope not. We all agree that this is crackpot but I'd still like it described better bc who know maybe he will brush up against something that leads to a new idea in someones head that leads to a more solid theory. That's why I've begged him to give us a more coherent explanation. If he comes back with more of the same then you're right and he's just an ass for wasting our time. Frankly we are all going crazy to an extent at this point. Until WoW comes out this insanity is all we have.

I'm giving dude the benefit of the doubt that he does have a shred of evidence to back this up. That's my problem with this is he doesn't explain it fully. Is he on to something? Probably not. Is he trying to be funny? I hope not. We all agree that this is crackpot but I'd still like it described better bc who know maybe he will brush up against something that leads to a new idea in someones head that leads to a more solid theory. That's why I've begged him to give us a more coherent explanation. If he comes back with more of the same then you're right and he's just an ass for wasting our time. Frankly we are all going crazy to an extent at this point. Until WoW comes out this insanity is all we have.

Haha true that

Even if you were onto something (which I don't think you are...), there are some issues that make it hard to take seriously...

1. You completely created the the concepts of "shadow story", "blood story" and "real story" but failed to satisfactorily explain what any of that means. If you want to create labels for something, you need to explain what the labels stand for. You've given us a sort of 70% explanation as to what this stuff is but its still kind of vague.

2. Your posts have actually no logical flow. One minute you're talking about the Rat King being Joff (without any evidence), the next you've jumped to Coldhands = Jaime. Then its back to more Rat King stuff followed by Bran's fall = autumn. Stick with one topic and give us a real, solid fleshed out explanation as to how it fits into the "B+S=R" concept. You don't need to prove every idea you have, just work on proving one example. Once people are convinced you can move onto the next one.

3. This might just be me speaking, but your poor grammar and spelling is throwing me off.

I'm trying not to be mean but I think improving those three things would help. Perhaps presenting your idea in bullet points would work?

Even if you were onto something (which I don't think you are...), there are some issues that make it hard to take seriously...

1. You completely created the the concepts of "shadow story", "blood story" and "real story" but failed to satisfactorily explain what any of that means. If you want to create labels for something, you need to explain what the labels stand for. You've given us a sort of 70% explanation as to what this stuff is but its still kind of vague.

2. Your posts have actually no logical flow. One minute you're talking about the Rat King being Joff (without any evidence), the next you've jumped to Coldhands = Jaime. Then its back to more Rat King stuff followed by Bran's fall = autumn. Stick with one topic and give us a real, solid fleshed out explanation as to how it fits into the "B+S=R" concept. You don't need to prove every idea you have, just work on proving one example. Once people are convinced you can move onto the next one.

3. This might just be me speaking, but your poor grammar and spelling is throwing me off.

I'm trying not to be mean but I think improving those three things would help. Perhaps presenting your idea in bullet points would work?

Basically the same thing i posted yesterday...still no reply from the OP...gods I hope this isn't some guy getting his kicks being an asshole...so OP if you're out there some of us are trying to stick up for u here but we need you to clarify pretty much everything above...

Why do you guys take it all so seriously? I never understand the default behaviour to "asshole" mode. So you don't like the theory or think it makes sense, so what?! Why not encourage the guy or constructively criticise rather than mock a person? It just makes the "critics" on here look like fools.

I don't really understand what the OP is saying, but I find some of his "links" to deeper metaphor interesting. If you don't like it, just don't view the thread. If you don't understand, ask for elucidation. Stop acting like a spoilt child. No-one owes you anything.

To the OP: joke thread or serious, it's fun, and I'd like to hear more ideas. Go for it, don't let cynics get to you. And if it's a troll thread, then that's awesome too!

Basically the same thing i posted yesterday...still no reply from the OP...gods I hope this isn't some guy getting his kicks being an asshole...so OP if you're out there some of us are trying to stick up for u here but we need you to clarify pretty much everything above...

Nah, OP's had some really good, but pretty out there theory threads. He's solid in my book, even if this one lost me from the get go. His Sun/Moon R'hllor/Great Other thread was really intriguing once you wrap your head around the concept.

http://asoiaf.wester...lor-unravelled/

I'm not facetious here, I don't actually understand the original post. Can someone explain it any clearer?

I'm not facetious here, I don't actually understand the original post. Can someone explain it any clearer?

I think the point was that we can decrpyt what will happen (Real story) based on the two prior versions of that same, soon-to-be-coming story we encounter while reading the books. There is a legend story, a story that just happened or is happening, and a story that will happen again (Or in some cases has fulfilled the cycle and has already happened). It's not a bad theory really but I don't buy it. It's just not articulated well, and the posts after the OP only made it more confusing and nonsensical. The classification of shadow and blood seemed really arbitrary. It's just a convoluted way of saying if you examine the stories we know from legend, the stories in the present, combine them and decrypt them, we will know everything that's going to happen.

At least I think so.

He is basically trying to say that there are three interlocking, interweaving narratives that make up ASOAIF that are linked to three deities, and that each come to the fore at different points (I think). And that for every character in one story, there is a corresponding character from the myths of Westeros and another corresponding character from some other narrative. (?) Why these are called the shadow and blood stories is not really clear, and I think he is saying that the whole story can be predicted if you can determine how the three narratives connect. That is why, and no offense OP, the whole thing is ridiculous. GRRM might be about the business of leaving clues as to whos Jon's parents are, but I'm pretty sure he's not opening himself up to the potential of the whole series being spoiled by someone working out the connection between shadow/blood/light. Also I retract my earlier comment about OP taking the piss out of people coming up with theories then not explaining them as he is clearly just a very enthusiastic ASOIAF theoretician, and I agree his other thread is actually very interesting.

Archived