B + S = R ASOIAF Cracked (Spoilers)

Shadow Chaser

He is basically trying to say that there are three interlocking, interweaving narratives that make up ASOAIF that are linked to three deities, and that each come to the fore at different points (I think). And that for every character in one story, there is a corresponding character from the myths of Westeros and another corresponding character from some other narrative. (?) Why these are called the shadow and blood stories is not really clear, and I think he is saying that the whole story can be predicted if you can determine how the three narratives connect. That is why, and no offense OP, the whole thing is ridiculous. GRRM might be about the business of leaving clues as to whos Jon's parents are, but I'm pretty sure he's not opening himself up to the potential of the whole series being spoiled by someone working out the connection between shadow/blood/light. Also I retract my earlier comment about OP taking the piss out of people coming up with theories then not explaining them as he is clearly just a very enthusiastic ASOIAF theoretician, and I agree his other thread is actually very interesting.

The problem is no one could come up with this complicated thematic structure over 8 books and still tell a good story without it being either confusing, boring, predictable, or a combination of all three.

The problem is no one could come up with this complicated thematic structure over 8 books and still tell a good story without it being either confusing, boring, predictable, or a combination of all three.

Completely agree. It would be beyond human. Like Cloud Atlas to the power of one billion.

How does the Red Comet tie into this theory?

Is Bloodraven both his blood and shadow version? Who is the real version? Elder Brother?

Jaime = Coldhands = Tumco Lho?

This is intriguing. I want to learn more.

I think the point was that we can decrpyt what will happen (Real story) based on the two prior versions of that same, soon-to-be-coming story we encounter while reading the books. There is a legend story, a story that just happened or is happening, and a story that will happen again (Or in some cases has fulfilled the cycle and has already happened). It's not a bad theory really but I don't buy it. It's just not articulated well, and the posts after the OP only made it more confusing and nonsensical. The classification of shadow and blood seemed really arbitrary. It's just a convoluted way of saying if you examine the stories we know from legend, the stories in the present, combine them and decrypt them, we will know everything that's going to happen.

At least I think so.

:agree: especially with the bold.

He is basically trying to say that there are three interlocking, interweaving narratives that make up ASOAIF that are linked to three deities, and that each come to the fore at different points (I think). And that for every character in one story, there is a corresponding character from the myths of Westeros and another corresponding character from some other narrative. (?) Why these are called the shadow and blood stories is not really clear, and I think he is saying that the whole story can be predicted if you can determine how the three narratives connect.

Oooooooooh, okay, I get it now.

That's somewhat similar to the Wheel of Time series. I'd think that perhaps it's not as likely then because it would really undermine GRRM's legacy to release a similar series so close to the release of Wheel of Time if it's essentially the same overall theory of history repeating.

Oooooooooh, okay, I get it now.

That's somewhat similar to the Wheel of Time series. I'd think that perhaps it's not as likely then because it would really undermine GRRM's legacy to release a similar series so close to the release of Wheel of Time if it's essentially the same overall theory of history repeating.

OH GOD, DO NOT MENTION WHEEL OF TIME AND GRRM.

DAMMIT, YUKLE, YOU'VE JINXED THE ENTIRE SERIES! GRRM WILL DIE AND IT'LL BE FINISHED BY A SEPARATE WRITER. AND IT WON'T BE A GOOD ONE, EITHER. GREAT.

THANKS ALOT, YUKLE.

SHIT.

He is basically trying to say that there are three interlocking, interweaving narratives that make up ASOAIF that are linked to three deities, and that each come to the fore at different points (I think). And that for every character in one story, there is a corresponding character from the myths of Westeros and another corresponding character from some other narrative. (?) Why these are called the shadow and blood stories is not really clear...

This is an excellent explanation of the OP's premise - thanks. We all assume the series is a multilayered story and at times can see the different layers peaking through..the idea of "three interlocking, interweaving narratives" is really intriguing. Three is a symbolic number and is used in the books repeatedly.

Interesting, in GOT in one of Ned's POV's in KL he thinks "Wheels within wheels within wheels." when faced with the machinations of those around him as made plain by Varys (I have the kindle version, so I don't know the POV # - apologies). I noted it on a reread and wondered if provided a clue to the structure of the overall series.

DAMMIT, YUKLE, YOU'VE JINXED THE ENTIRE SERIES! GRRM WILL DIE AND IT'LL BE FINISHED BY A SEPARATE WRITER.

:P

GRRM has said he won't allow another author to finish it, it'll just die with him should a falling fridge hit him tomorrow. Which won't happen. We all know that if GRRM dies, he'll just return again after a resurrection, a body swap or mistaken identity.

Even if you were onto something (which I don't think you are...), there are some issues that make it hard to take seriously...

1. You completely created the the concepts of "shadow story", "blood story" and "real story" but failed to satisfactorily explain what any of that means. If you want to create labels for something, you need to explain what the labels stand for. You've given us a sort of 70% explanation as to what this stuff is but its still kind of vague.

2. Your posts have actually no logical flow. One minute you're talking about the Rat King being Joff (without any evidence), the next you've jumped to Coldhands = Jaime. Then its back to more Rat King stuff followed by Bran's fall = autumn. Stick with one topic and give us a real, solid fleshed out explanation as to how it fits into the "B+S=R" concept. You don't need to prove every idea you have, just work on proving one example. Once people are convinced you can move onto the next one.

The Bolded x100.

Please choose 1 concept, and go deep into it with a big post. I really cannot wrap my brain around what you are trying to explain.

He is basically trying to say that there are three interlocking, interweaving narratives that make up ASOAIF that are linked to three deities, and that each come to the fore at different points (I think). And that for every character in one story, there is a corresponding character from the myths of Westeros and another corresponding character from some other narrative. (?) Why these are called the shadow and blood stories is not really clear, and I think he is saying that the whole story can be predicted if you can determine how the three narratives connect. That is why, and no offense OP, the whole thing is ridiculous. GRRM might be about the business of leaving clues as to whos Jon's parents are, but I'm pretty sure he's not opening himself up to the potential of the whole series being spoiled by someone working out the connection between shadow/blood/light. Also I retract my earlier comment about OP taking the piss out of people coming up with theories then not explaining them as he is clearly just a very enthusiastic ASOIAF theoretician, and I agree his other thread is actually very interesting.

there are three interlocking, interweaving narratives that make up ASOAIF that are linked to three deities - exactly what im saying . i dont fully understand it yet which is why my explanation is so bad and i prolly shouldnt have started this post without a better grasp of the point im trying to make, but as soon as i get a better comprehension of it ill come back and share my views and i think many of you are gonna be shocked . Anyone who thinks ASOIAF is merely a story about dragons and a throne needs to get their head tested .

there are three interlocking, interweaving narratives that make up ASOAIF that are linked to three deities - exactly what im saying . i dont fully understand it yet which is why my explanation is so bad and i prolly shouldnt have started this post without a better grasp of the point im trying to make, but as soon as i get a better comprehension of it ill come back and share my views and i think many of you are gonna be shocked . Anyone who thinks ASOIAF is merely a story about dragons and a throne needs to get their head tested .

Yeah, I really don't think that you're in the position to tell anyone to get their head tested.

Archived