Small questions v.10006

Angalin

One possible interpretation is that Barristan believed that Rhaegar was plotting some kind of take-over or coup of Aerys. In the next paragraph, Barristan mentions that Varys was whispering of just such a plot, which is why Aerys went to Harrenhal. It is implied that Rhaegar and Whent set up the tourney as a meeting.

Barristan may have felt left out. Granted, we do not know the full details of or if there even was such a plot.

Yes, he probably did feel left out, the bitterness in his memories would seem to indicate something like that. And, yes the paragraph implies that it was whispered that Rhaegar and Whent set up the tourney as a pretext for a clandestine meeting, and yet it never refers to Dayne specifically, only Whent. The only Dayne referred to is Ashara, but not seemingly in the context of 'proof of Rhaegars trust in Dayne over Selmy.' The line just bothers me, there's no pretext, no follow up, its just there.

Ps, love your shot of Inigo Montoya, do you thing he'd be Braavosi in the world of ice n fire??

Yes, he probably did feel left out, the bitterness in his memories would seem to indicate something like that. And, yes the paragraph implies that it was whispered that Rhaegar and Whent set up the tourney as a pretext for a clandestine meeting, and yet it never refers to Dayne specifically, only Whent. The only Dayne referred to is Ashara, but not seemingly in the context of 'proof of Rhaegars trust in Dayne over Selmy.' The line just bothers me, there's no pretext, no follow up, its just there.

Ps, love your shot of Inigo Montoya, do you thing he'd be Braavosi in the world of ice n fire??

There might be something in how/why Rhaegar and Arthur were best friends, which we don't know, Barristan does. Was Arthur raised at court in KL? Did they squire together? Did they squire for Barristan? Heck we are not even sure of how old Arthur Dayne was!

Also, since Barristan was around since Rhaegar was born, he might have thought there should have been more of a bond between them.

Thanks Ser Leftwich!

You have given me yet more to ponder :)

My mind will be a little tattered twitching mess by the time we see the last book (sighs happily and adjusts straightjacket)

So many theories . . . so little time

Do you think Qyburn is a psychpathic necromancer, or the Father of Modern Medicine in Westeros?

I personally think he's the former, unless necromancy goes on to become widely accepted in Westeros.

Archived