Small questions v.10006

Angalin

quick question: I believe it's located in ACoK, ( I don't currently have the book with me so I can't look it up myself ) There is a part in one of Dany's chapters that she hears something about the song of Ice and Fire. She then says something about she has heard about it, but cannot remember from where. This has been wracking my brain for a long time! Is there anyone who could provide a quote about this? I remember this was the first time I actually heard about the song of ice and fire in the novels.

quick question: I believe it's located in ACoK, ( I don't currently have the book with me so I can't look it up myself ) There is a part in one of Dany's chapters that she hears something about the song of Ice and Fire. She then says something about she has heard about it, but cannot remember from where. This has been wracking my brain for a long time! Is there anyone who could provide a quote about this? I remember this was the first time I actually heard about the song of ice and fire in the novels.

Happens in the House of the Undying. She sees a vision of Rhaegar, holding newborn Aegon and Rhaegar says, "his is the song of ice and fire". When Dany tells Jorah about it, Jorah says it's no song he's every heard. Dany doesn't indicate that she's heard of this song before.

Happens in the House of the Undying. She sees a vision of Rhaegar, holding newborn Aegon and Rhaegar says, "his is the song of ice and fire". When Dany tells Jorah about it, Jorah says it's no song he's every heard. Dany doesn't indicate that she's heard of this song before.

hmmm...I must have remembered wrong! :blushing: Thanks for the clarification !

AfaiK Dany hears about the song of ice and fire in the HotU, she has no idea what it is and asks Jorah about it who also doesn't know.

As to the regards by Jaime, I always assumed that one of the subtler meanings and readings is telling Cat and Robb that they brought it on themselves. "We lost the war when Jaime was let go, so I'm kind of doing the right thing". So, yep, trying to get off the hook Roose style

ooh, I like this. yeah, totally makes sense.

I was also thinking maybe it was roose taking on the "kingslayer" identity from jamie? by literally invoking him as he slays his own king. too on the nose?

ooh, I like this. yeah, totally makes sense.

I was also thinking maybe it was roose taking on the "kingslayer" identity from jamie? by literally invoking him as he slays his own king. too on the nose?

the name "kingslayer" suits Jaime more because he was a white knight, whereas Roose was a bannerman, not even one of the protectors of Robb, like Dacey and small jon, but I guess in a way Roose is a kingslayer.

doesn't "kingslayer" just mean "one who has slayed a king?" why would he need to be a protector?

yes, but in westeros its an apt name for Jaime since he was of the KG, i did say in way Roose is a kingslayer but the name suits Jaime more than Roose, when everyone calls Jaime kingslayer its not just because he killed a king but also because he broke his oath to protect the king, I am not saying Roose is not a kingslayer but the name Kingslayer suits Jaime more than Roose.

2) Good question actually. They should be Westerlings like you said because they themselves aren't bastards.

Oh, I meant what would their names be if the father was a great Bastard, I had already assume that there was no problem if the bastard was a woman. I think this situation never came up on the books, so it's pure speculation. But thanks anyway.

Jon had to take action as he was threatened by Ramsay, it wasn't just about Arya, the NW was implicated in aiding Stannis, if Boltons came to the wall, they wouldn't differentiate between the black brothers, stannis who has left a few guards with Mel and his queen, wildlings and Jon. Confrontation between the NW and Boltons was inevitable after the events that took place, Mel sends Mance, she does that because she knows Jon cannot interfere because of his vows, I do not think it was stupid, Jon had to do what he did because the NW would have been destroyed by Boltons if he didn't confront them, the castles at the wall have no walls of their own and are open to attack from the south.

That makes more sense, thanks!

The show deviates from the books quite a bit. It could have been Jofferey, but it's never clarified.

Thanks, I thought i had missed something.

I got some questions about the prophecies in the books...

1. Is there a post with all the different prophecies from the books?

2. Which other persons besides Quaithe and the "Ghost of High Heart" are giving a prophecy?

3. Could somebody give me the text of the "Ghost of High Heart"´s prophecy?

Check this page http://www.westeros....del/Prophecies/

there's a lot of interesting stuff in the Citadel.

doesn't "kingslayer" just mean "one who has slayed a king?" why would he need to be a protector?

Kingslayer is a nickname specific to Jaime. "Kinslayer" was a common term already used to vilify those who murder their own family. Since Jaime murdered his own king, as a member of the king's security detail, it wasn't hard to turn "kinslayer" to "kingslayer."

A bit like the real-life equivalent where every single scandal ever has "gate" on the end of it.

do the months in westeros have the same names as ours?

As far as I can tell they are never mentioned in the books. I just searched all the pdfs and march and may are the only ones and I'm pretty sure that's the other meanings not the months.

Did Tyrion see a dragon when he was sailing on the river to Volantis? He says he saw pale and leathery wings through the fog but it disappeared before he could get a better look. What else could it be?

Did Tyrion see a dragon when he was sailing on the river to Volantis? He says he saw pale and leathery wings through the fog but it disappeared before he could get a better look. What else could it be?

Yes it was drogon most likely flying to his lair since in a previous chapter it was mentioned how drogon wasn't captured.

First guess: A mynock, looking for power cables to chew on.

Second: Just a large bat that lives in the swamp/dead city.

Pale wings would not be Drogon, maybe Viserion.

Would any of the dragons fly thousands of miles to pass over a swamp, only to fly all the way back to Meereen? Not a dragon.

are the Hedge Night short stories considered canon or semi-canon? What else is considered semi-canon?

The Dunk & Egg stories (The Hedge Knight, The Sworn Sword, The Mystery Knight and the forthcoming She-Wolves of Winterfell) are canon, the RPG and card games are semi-canon.

Archived