Best Sword ?

Erkan12

Dawn. And why include lightbringer? If it's a sword it's Dawn, though it's probably either the NW or dragons.

Real lightbringer radiates heat, so it makes that very special.

I'm going with Oathkeeper/Widow's Wail. They look absolutely amazing in my head, the red and black ripples in the steel, Lion themed gold hilt with rubies. And sharp as any Valyrian steel sword on top of that!

However I'm also a huge fan of this design of Ice:

http://www.valyrians...d on plaque.jpg

Against a living, armored oponent: a valyrian steel blade - Ice, for example.

Against a living, unarmored oponent: a normal steel blade.

Against a Wight: a sword coated with some flammable liquid in fire.

Against a Other: a obsidian blade.

Valyrian steel should have the same effect as Obsidian, assuming "Dragonsteel" refers to Valyrian steel.

• 4 weeks later...

I think Dawn, though I'm really interested in all the cool swords of ASOIAF tbh. One of my favourate aspects of the westerosi culture is all the fables weapons. Though I've always been quite miffed that Aegon and Visenya both had cool VS swords, poor Rhaenys never had one I bet she felt well peeved. In the way that only a sibling who feels their brother and sister got a cool toy and they didn't can.

she had the second largest dragon and aegon slept with her more i think she was fine lol

Well, Dawn of course. It's the only known non-valyrian steel sword that is equal to, or possibly even trumphs it's valyrian steel counterparts. So being the most unique sword in the series (aside from lightbringer, if it is a sword in the literal sense), one would have to objectively say it's the best.

There is a possibilty that they are the same sword or similar.

how do you figure they're the same? One is the ancestral sword of the Starks, one the ancestral sword of the Daynes. One is Valyrian steel, one supposedly made from the remains of a star (more likely an asteroid)

Archived