Do You Think Dany Will Forgive the Starks

Tyrion is a walking dead, but he, despite of his big mouth, didn´t realized this till now.

Sure, Daenerys can use him to bolster her plans and to know better the actual poiltics of the seven Kingdoms, but, what kind of image she will pass to her westerosi subjects by pardoning and have at her side a knowed kinslayer, that is, the worst kind of criminal in Westeros - Daenerys will discard him has soon is possible.

The problem to the Lannisters, Baratheons, Tullys, Starks and Arryns is one: they betrayed Aerys II, so Daenerys could not be too lenient to them. She will pardon some of the individuals, but she will want to destroy the power of the rebel Houses; for example, she can spare the life of Sansa, Bran, Rickon and Arya, but she will demote them to an inferior social status - commoners maybe - and erase that great houses from the list of the current noble houses of Westeros.

this is what I fear most. Starks erased from westeros as a noble family.

And what makes you so sure Dany will believe Jon is truly Rhaegars son? Just look at Aegon - he has the Targ "blood of the dragon" look much more than Jon does, and for all we know may even be the real thing (I know the Blackfyre theory is popular, but its not official til George writes it), and she's still definitely going to kill him because some woman who for all we know may even just be a figment of Danys imagination told her to beware of the "Mummer's Dragon". If Dany isn't even going to give Aegon a chance, she definitely won't even consider that brown haired, long faced, Stark looking Jon Snow is actually a Targ.

As far as Dany dealing with the Stark kids goes...she executed 163 people in Meereen for no reason other than their socioeconomic status. Surely if it is known to her that any of Ned Starks children are still alive, being a descendant of a Usurpers Dog would be reason enough for her to see them "punished". Hell, if Roose and/or Ramsay Bolton are still alive if/when Dany comes to Westeros, I'd expect her to personally congratulate them for putting down House Stark. She hates the entire house and doesn't want to hear otherwise as others have said. You're kidding yourself if you actually think Dany would ever make peace with House Stark.

Dany will be skeptical of Jon, but he will manage to prove his heritage and she will accept him or she would be no worse than the Usurper.

She executed 163 people in Meereen not sim[ply for their status but for nailing the dead children to signs pointing towards Meereen.

this is what I fear most. Starks erased from westeros as a noble family.

She couldn't even deal with the slaver families in Meereen when she was at the top of her power. How is she going to erase the houses that betrayed her father after she makes the journey to Westeros and takes over. Assuming that she does go to Westeros.

No. I'm of the belief that she is desending into madness and if she does wind up on Westeros at some point she is going to try and BBQ a whole lot of people, starting with (F)ageon. She has shown in the past she is unwilling to hear other peoples versions of her father, and their versions would have benfited her in her development. I was never really a Dany fan but the final no hope nail was when Ser Barriston was trying to tell her that Ned wasn't a bad person at all and her father sort of had it coming, and she just blew him off.

I think it'd be a poor idea for Dany to take vengeance on the Starks, because it'd undoubtedly would cause her to lose the North, which would be an important territory to align with if she plans to keep the throne (assuming she does for the purpose of this discussion).

That being said, I feel the Starks don't have anything to apologize for. Rhaegar captured Lyanna, and Aerys killed Rickard and Brandon. The Targaryans invited the rebellion.

To me its fairly obvious that she will never accept anything that says the Rebellion was ok because that would lead to places no Targaryen wants to go to. If it was ok then the Targaryens have lost their claim to the Iron Throne and both Daenerys and Aegon are raised to think that retaking the throne is the most important thing in their lives. Or at least Aegon, while Daenerys has kind of taken over it from her brother. The second she says, "the Rebellion was ok" she agrees that she has no claim whatsoever to the Iron Throne.

I don't see that thing happening.

The Starks don't need anything from Dany. I don't think they could care less what Dany thinks of them, they have Jon and HODOR. But seriously, I don't see Dany sitting the Iron Throne in the end so I think this question is inconsequential. It'll be like "Daenerys Targaryen doesn't forgive us? What exactly did we do? Who gives a fuck." :cool4:

While I agree that the Stark children should not be in any way held responsible for the sins of their father's friend or (former) allies, Dany clearly has trouble right now separating "the Usurper" and his "dogs." But the quote before about Ned's "guilt" catching in her throat I think shows that she is beginning to see the sense in what Barristan has been trying to tell her; and when she finally gets over to Westeros and ultimately forges an alliance with Jon Snow (which I believe a lot of evidence is pointing to, despite other people thinking it's cliched romanticism), she will learn from experience that the beliefs she previously held were wrong. ('You know nothing, Daenerys Targaryen' is actually a mantra that is very applicable to her as well.)

Only if Dany starts listening to the truth being told by Ser Barristan... I was furious when she said that Eddard Stark died a traitor's death. That was the single moment in which I started to dislike Dany as a character. She owes it to forgive the Starks after what her father did to Brandon and Rickard, so I hope she forgives the Starks, although I don't really want her to get that far in the first place. That being said I disliked Jaime in the first book and now he is my second favourite character, so maybe I might start to like Dany again... Unlikely, but maybe...

I would be really pissed if ANY of the Starks allied/submitted to Dany, considering her overall refusal to see things for what they really are and when someone tries to talk to her about seeing a little beyond her own delusions about the rebellion she dismissed them. She fails to see many of her family's faults and to be honest I would hate to see current Dany sitting on the IT. She fails to see the political aspects of Westeros, also the laws and well Westeros in general. She is quite the hypocrite.

Maybe she should start by making amends/asking for forgiveness by Starks for the whole Brandon and Rickon thing AND then maybe wait for something in return, though in her current state of denial i don't think she will.

Archived