What would make you stop reading this series

More focus on Essos. Seriously, at this point, the scope of the books is increasing faster than Martin's waistline, and it makes me worry about the quality of the future books. I don't care about the red priests, or the wars between the Free Cities. It's irrelevant, it's just needless world-building with flimsy links to the main plots, and can easily be done away with, especially since there are supposedly only two books left.

EDIT: If Martin pulls some ADWD-level bullshit on us with TWOW and leaves out the ending, I might seriously reconsider reading the final book.

I wouldn't stop reading. I may become really mad at certain aspects, but I wouldn't stop reading.

What would make me so mad that I rage quit only to continue a day later?

1.) Dany winning and retaining the Iron Throne

2.) Dany successfully freeing all the Slaves in Slavers Bay with no repurcussions down the line.

3.) Dany never actually making it to Westeros

More focus on Essos. Seriously, at this point, the scope of the books is increasing faster than Martin's waistline, and it makes me worry about the quality of the future books. I don't care about the red priests, or the wars between the Free Cities. It's irrelevant, it's just needless world-building with flimsy links to the main plots, and can easily be done away with, especially since there are supposedly only two books left.

And people get mad when the TV show cuts certain things :P

Archived