What would make you stop reading this series

I've come too far to turn back now. So long as the books are released and written by GRRM, I will read them, even if Book 6 is execrable.

That said, my enjoyment of the books will dissipate quickly if the last two books involve lots and lots of PoV deaths just for the sake of cheap shock value. You can murder main characters, as GRRM has proved, but those deaths have to be earned through build-up, not thrown in just to provoke a reaction.

Honestly, i'm surprised I didn't quit after the Lady Stoneheart reveal. Normally I fucking DESPISE resurrections in the literature / tv / whatever i'm engaging in.

I think if it wasn't for the Tyrion and Sansa chapters that came before that ASoS epilogue, I may have quit then. Luckily those two prior chapters convinced me to read the fourth book haha

If the dragons magically fly in and destroy all the Others.

But really, I'd still read.

I think this series still has some twists and turns in it.

I've come too far to turn back now. So long as the books are released and written by GRRM, I will read them, even if Book 6 is execrable.

That said, my enjoyment of the books will dissipate quickly if the last two books involve lots and lots of PoV deaths just for the sake of cheap shock value. You can murder main characters, as GRRM has proved, but those deaths have to be earned through build-up, not thrown in just to provoke a reaction.

I think most people will die but it is planned, not for shock value.

If the dragons magically fly in and destroy all the Others.

don't you think that's like, exactly where this epic tale is taking us? after all, in all the stories there's the hero who magically vanquishes the others, banishes winter, etc, so why would this not be how grrm's tale ends? and who else would kill the others?

don't you think that's like, exactly where this epic tale is taking us? after all, in all the stories there's the hero who magically vanquishes the others, banishes winter, etc, so why would this not be how grrm's tale ends? and who else would kill the others?

which is why ASoIaF is so popular. Its not like 'all the stories' and the good guys dont always win when they find the magic sword and defeat evil once and for all.

Yeah, there is nothing that could be found within the books that would stop me from reading. I woulnd't stop just because my favorite characters were killed or some such, I would still want to read on.

If Dragons and the Others are in a scene together.

That's strange - I really really REALLY want to see the dragons versus the Others!

The first time I read LotR when I was younger I stopped reading after Gandalf fell, and didn't finish till someone filled me in later. So no I won't stop mainly because just about anything that can be done can be undone.

The moment Dany's ass touches the IT I'm done.

There arent enough cushions! :B

Something stupid like Tyrion is a secret Targ who rides dragons or some shit.

Other than that, ehh prolly wont stop. Ill send hatemail to GRRM if Dany and Jon get married and live happily ever after though. So much hatemail.

Something stupid like Tyrion is a secret Targ who rides dragons or some shit.

Other than that, ehh prolly wont stop. Ill send hatemail to GRRM if Dany and Jon get married and live happily ever after though. So much hatemail.

Tyrion being a Targ would piss me off to no end. It completely undermines his relationship with Tywin, and gives Tywin a somewhat legitimate reason for being distant to Tyrion. I don't mind if Dany sits the IT though.

BTW, loving your avatar :) Cat's dying face is a lot more tragic than Talisa's....

Archived