Songs That Remind You of Characters.

Honey Bee

I can't take credit for this but

is perfect for Rhaegar.

When I get off my iPad I will have a listen. Very excited, I don't believe anyone else did a Rhaegar song :)

Wooh! That one is good. I've never heard the song, but *goosebumps* when "love, reign o'er me" started to play. Nicely done.

Glad you agree! The Who is a fantastic, classic band!

You have created a little oasis with this thread here, The Night is Stark.

I salute you.

I'm happy I did! Everyone is super serious, sometimes I just like to relax and just listen!

Thanks for all the fabulous compliments!

For Tyrion: Some Nights by Fun

I was actually thinking about this today when the song came up on my ipod. Here's some of the lines I think resonate with him (it's most of the song, sorry):

Some nights I stay up cashing in my bad luck

Some nights I call it a draw

Some nights I wish that my lips could build a castle

Some nights I wish they'd just fall off

But I still wake up, I still see your ghost

Oh, Lord, I'm still not sure what I stand for oh

Most nights I don't know anymore...

I was never one to believe the hype

Save that for the black and white

I try twice as hard and I'm half as liked,

But here they come again to jack my style

I found a martyr in my bed tonight

She stops my bones from wondering just who I am, who I am, who I am

Well, some nights I wish that this all would end

'Cause I could use some friends for a change.

And some nights I'm scared you'll forget me again

Some nights I always win, I always win...

my sister and the con that she call "love"

When I look into my nephew's eyes...

Man, you wouldn't believe the most amazing things that can come from...

Some terrible lies

Yeah that's what I thought when I first heard the song, it almost seems that they were thinking about the Starks when they wrote it.

Another good song for Sansa would be

by Florence and the Machine

Nice!

Would it be a sin if I confessed I have never heard of Florence and the Machine until this thread? :uhoh:

For Tyrion: Some Nights by Fun

I was actually thinking about this today when the song came up on my ipod. Here's some of the lines I think resonate with him (it's most of the song, sorry):

Some nights I stay up cashing in my bad luck

Some nights I call it a draw

Some nights I wish that my lips could build a castle

Some nights I wish they'd just fall off

But I still wake up, I still see your ghost

Oh, Lord, I'm still not sure what I stand for oh

Most nights I don't know anymore...

I was never one to believe the hype

Save that for the black and white

I try twice as hard and I'm half as liked,

But here they come again to jack my style

I found a martyr in my bed tonight

She stops my bones from wondering just who I am, who I am, who I am

Well, some nights I wish that this all would end

'Cause I could use some friends for a change.

And some nights I'm scared you'll forget me again

Some nights I always win, I always win...

my sister and the con that she call "love"

When I look into my nephew's eyes...

Man, you wouldn't believe the most amazing things that can come from...

Some terrible lies

I relate this to him too, awesome pick! :) I think it's early, careless tyrion.

I'm happy I did! Everyone is super serious, sometimes I just like to relax and just listen!

That's exactly why I am calling it an oasis.

I confess, after a heated discussion I come to this thread to readjust myself , lol.

Great! What's your favorite song so far?

It's a tie between Dog Days are Over, which you had for Arya, and Lights, which you had for Sansa.

Not sure how/where you found these two songs, but they match the personalities/experiences of the characters so well! Brilliant!

Galloping away on Stranger, sure, it's a traveling song. But that's an old blues song by Robert Johnson (Plant mixes the original lyrics up a bit, but he keeps coming back to them), his rider is the woman he is longing to be with. "She got a mortgage on my body, got a lien on my soul." :)

I never knew it was a remake. And I call myself a Zepp fan! Lol thanks, and thanks for liking my pick!

It's a tie between Dog Days are Over, which you had for Arya, and Lights, which you had for Sansa.

Not sure how/where you found these two songs, but they match the personalities/experiences of the characters so well! Brilliant!

We have a local radio station that's always playing something newer ish, they are newer artists so I'm sure you can find more songs you will like. I know other people posted florence too! :) Pandora is a great app for music too! I always listen to florence and the machine radio on that!

And again, thank times a million, you're super nice!

We have a local radio station that's always playing something newer ish, they are newer artists so I'm sure you can find more songs you will like. I know other people posted florence too! :) Pandora is a great app for music too! I always listen to florence and the machine radio on that!

And again, thank times a million, you're super nice!

Yes, other posters have also posted F&M, which is why I'm surprised by my ignorance.

Alas, my ignorance shall a be thing of the past once I play F&M on Pandora tonight.

Yes, other posters have also posted F&M, which is why I'm surprised by my ignorance.

Alas, my ignorance shall a be thing of the past once I play F&M on Pandora tonight.

Haha excellent lol and thanks for liking my list btw. And Lights has always reminded me if Sansa.. I think that's my favorite too, out of mine. Someone else mentioned No Quarter by Zeppelin and I think that's another fav of mine!

(I'm on an iPad so grammar, etc is a bit off, so sorry!)

Ok, mine is a bit more serious in meaning (since its an electronica piece).

This reminds me of Dany. The song itself starts out beautifully, gently, and slow. Mirroring how we are introduced to her. Then it keeps the same melody but continuously gets quicker into a spiraling tempo. Sort of mirrors her character development. A spiraling crescendo of sorts where things get almost jumbled. Then theres a loss of beat for a moment...a moment of reflection and then it returns to its original gentle melody and then fades to an end. The title is kind of ironic isnt it?

It also reminds me of Sansa, but more Dany.

The pop culture edition

Jaqen H'gar: Smooth crminal by Michael Jackson

Brienne of Tarth - Beautiful by Christina Aguilera

Littlefinger - P.I.M.P. by 50 cent

But they work. Love Smooth Criminal, perfect.

Ok, mine is a bit more serious in meaning (since its an electronica piece).

This reminds me of Dany. The song itself starts out beautifully, gently, and slow. Mirroring how we are introduced to her. Then it keeps the same melody but continuously gets quicker into a spiraling tempo. Sort of mirrors her character development. A spiraling crescendo of sorts where things get almost jumbled. Then theres a loss of beat for a moment...a moment of reflection and then it returns to its original gentle melody and then fades to an end. The title is kind of ironic isnt it?

It also reminds me of Sansa, but more Dany.

I like the description you put, I agree. That's kinda why I picked Change by Deftones but honestly like yours better. It took me forever to find mine, and I wasn't as happy about it compared to others.

Some more randomness:

Through the Fire and the flames by Dragonforce - Could work for Dany or Melisandre depending on how you interpret the lyrics

Bad bad Leroy Brown by Jim Croce - Gregor Clegane

Only God can judge me by Tupac - Jaime Lannister

Kryptonite by 3 doors down - Ser Dontos Hollard

Some more randomness:

Through the Fire and the flames by Dragonforce - Could work for Dany or Melisandre depending on how you interpret the lyrics

Bad bad Leroy Brown by Jim Croce - Gregor Clegane

Only God can judge me by Tupac - Jaime Lannister

Kryptonite by 3 doors down - Ser Dontos Hollard

Ooo I really like these. Kryptonite is perfect for Dontos.. Poor guy. that video still creeps me out. And Tupac for Jamie - awesome mix, and the lyrics are great, thats how I picture Jamie feels.

The whole realm ( when the shit hits the fan)- Its a New age: Radioactive http://www.youtube.c...h?v=eu-xFvLaE68

Dany- I'm coming home: Skylar Grey

The Wildlings- Now we are free: Lisa Gerra and Hans Zimmer

I love Radioactive, and I agree!

I could not agree more.

Thank ya! I'm really excited that everyone likes doing this! :grouphug:

Archived