Michelle Fairley. The Emmy is hers. (spoilers)

Are you kidding?? Daenerys the best actress in the show who deserve a reward?? Emilia Clarke is a pretty girl with pretty boobs...but where is her talent?? I really don't understand why she is always named like a talented actress who does a great job with her role of Daenerys. I think she is the worst actress in the show: she always have the same facial expressions.

Agree to disagree. She was fantastic in the first season, suffered from a crap storyline in Season 2, and did very well Season 3. Honestly, it comes from direction and material. She reads the books, but reads the scripts, adn ultimately suffers from conflicting perspectives and directions for her characters. To say she is a terrible actress, quite honestly, is not true. There are no terrible actors on this show. There may be mediocre ones, but only in very small roles. Emilia is becoming a fine actress and if D&D can handle her character right, she'll deliver quality seasons ahead. They've let the character slip into a Viserys esque personality, and haven't made up for it equally in her valor and honor.

Also, I'd say she has one of the most diverse range of faces in the cast if you are that materialistic about the quality of someones performance. I mean...have you SEEN her eyebrows?

Clarke is better this season and for some weird reason she's much better when speaking Valyrian. I always have put her in the top 5 worst actors list though. And after seeing her reallllllyyyyyyyyyyyy terrible performance in Breakfast at Tiffany's, it's hard to take her seriously at all anymore. I felt embarrassed for her just watching. It was bad.

Clarke is better this season and for some weird reason she's much better when speaking Valyrian. I always have put her in the top 5 worst actors list though. And after seeing her reallllllyyyyyyyyyyyy terrible performance in Breakfast at Tiffany's, it's hard to take her seriously at all anymore. I felt embarrassed for her just watching. It was bad.

I saw her on Broadway as well. I thought she was really good. Really camp, dramatic, over the top but I thought it fit the character. Too many critics were thinking about Hepburn. When she met her southern dude near the end, I felt her subtly came through. She was playing two different people, with her real identity underneath it all.

I also met her afterwards. She's stunning and nice as one could be.

Why are people talking about Emilia Clarke in this thread?

She was mentioned in contention for the Emmys. Which would interfere with Fairley's chances.

We all know Fairley gave the better performance. Second to none. Just stronger material.

She was mentioned in contention for the Emmys. Which would interfere with Fairley's chances.

We all know Fairley gave the better performance. Second to none. Just stronger material.

I think Fairley was underused in the series, and under-appreciated by fans on here, but it is glad to see some people are giving her what she deserves!

Michelle Fairley was underused this season and it's a big shame she doesn't have more screentime.

My friend saw her too on Broadway and he told me how much she was bad and this confirms what I think on her. End off-topic

She definately did a remarkable job, she made every scene she was in more realistic and believable. She just puts off this vibe from the very beginning that she knows something terrible is going to happen and all is going to end in flames.

I'M SHAAE DAA FUNNEH HOOOOAR!

Well I did say terrible...not mediocre. :cool4:

I've seen Sibel in other things. She's actually quite good. I just think she has trouble with delivery in another language. Something gets lost in translation. I believe she's working hard though so I give her props.

Anywho. Emmy's all around. And I swear if Professor McGonagall wins for Downton...Julia Roberts vs. Ellen Burstyn caliber right there. *knock on wood she gets nominated at least*

Michelle Fairley was underused this season and it's a big shame she doesn't have more screentime.

My friend saw her too on Broadway and he told me how much she was bad and this confirms what I think on her. End off-topic

I don't get why everyone is saying this. She has like the 4th most screen time out of all the cast members.

Think about it - she's in like every scene robb is in and more. So if you think she's underused, you'd have to say the same about Richard Madden.

Well I did say terrible...not mediocre. :cool4:

I've seen Sibel in other things. She's actually quite good. I just think she has trouble with delivery in another language. Something gets lost in translation. I believe she's working hard though so I give her props.

Anywho. Emmy's all around. And I swear if Professor McGonagall wins for Downton...Julia Roberts vs. Ellen Burstyn caliber right there. *knock on wood she gets nominated at least*

I haven't seen her in anything else, but I think she's dreadful here. She wasn't too bad in Season 1 and 2, but my God, I cringed whenever she spoke this season, especially the scene where she nagged Tyrion about finding Sansa attractive.

Are you kidding?? Daenerys the best actress in the show who deserve a reward?? Emilia Clarke is a pretty girl with pretty boobs...but where is her talent?? I really don't understand why she is always named like a talented actress who does a great job with her role of Daenerys. I think she is the worst actress in the show: she always have the same facial expressions. Indeed, she is afraid or seems lost or she is arrogant and it's all. I'm angry because I don't care of pretty actress I want look a talented actress. I want an actress who can share feelings, who lives her role and who gives us all the emotions on screen. I want more actress like Michelle Fairley who is the definition of a good actress: SHE is the BEST actress in the show. And all the award's nominations of Emilia Clarke are a joke, a big joke!! She is nominated only because her character is one of the most popular (thanks to the books!) and so she have a lot of fan. To finish I advise her to continue playing naked for have others roles in movies.

Lol Emilia is still in the top 5 actresses.

1. Lena Headey

2. Maisie

3. Michelle Fairley

4. Emilia Clarke

5. Lol

10. Sansa

Wow, just wow. I knew it was coming, I thought I was prepared, I was wrong. Michelle was amazing, absolutely amazing, I haven't been that moved by a television show scene since Shane Vendrell dropped the grenade in Lem's lap in The Shield. I give kudos to Madden as well. I was completely destroyed and I knew it was going to happen.

Archived