Meanwhile on the Iron Islands (book spoilers)

shimmy

Sneak attack yo. Get in, get Theon, get the hell out - maybe taking a few Boltons and some valuables in the process. The 'ol Ironborn specialty.

She's not going to besiege the Dreadfort. Do the Ironborn even have seige equipment? That would get Theon drawn and quartered right on the battlements. This is like Ironborn Black Ops. The Argo of Westeros :laugh: .

Hahaha, I am loving this idea

I think this is correct - you can't kill Balon "way" before the PW, otherwise people will piece together that Joff is about to be off'd as well. I think they kill Balon immediately after Joff in the same episode (with a shadowy faceless man-type person) or the next episode. The surprise factor of the PW is too juicy a plotline.

They altered the order in which Stannis said the names, so Balon will die first.

I think this is correct - you can't kill Balon "way" before the PW, otherwise people will piece together that Joff is about to be off'd as well. I think they kill Balon immediately after Joff in the same episode (with a shadowy faceless man-type person) or the next episode. The surprise factor of the PW is too juicy a plotline.

I agree. Balon's death isn't worth spoiling Joffrey's. Make Balon's inglorious death an afterthought. We'll probably see a Faceless Man because they'll want to keep that fresh for Arya's upcoming arc.

As for Yara's fate, I like the Dreadfort taking the place of Deepwood Motte. Ramsay leaves a skeleton crew there while he hunts Rickon, Shaggy & Asha with Reek in tow, and Yara and her 50 take the Dreadfort, at least temporarily. Balon bites it, Euron claimes the Seastone Chair and wants Yara out of the way, so she's a fugitive.

Crackpot: never occured to me that Yara could be Ramsay's bride...she goes to save Theon, Theon ends up saving her?

They altered the order in which Stannis said the names, so Balon will die first.

True, not sure how important that is - maybe they show Joff take a drink (even give a toast to something), flash to Balon's high dive and Jaquen-like guy shoving him, then back to Joff choking? Still hold's the timeline, but also keeps the suspense.

Crackpot: never occured to me that Yara could be Ramsay's bride...she goes to save Theon, Theon ends up saving her?

If Yara really is anything like Book Asha however that would be a lot more like Ramsay marrying the real Arya, he might come down with a severe case of axe through the balls.

If Yara really is anything like Book Asha however that would be a lot more like Ramsay marrying the real Arya, he might come down with a severe case of axe through the balls.

Lol.

You're right, it wouldn't have the same feeling of "poor Jeyne, I hate to think what that monster is going to do to her" but rather "how/when is she going to kill him?"

But maybe all Ramsay needs is the right kind of girl to straighten him out...

I've watched the Asha/Yara scene so many times now and I really think it's just perfect, in such a short scene we get poignant family tragedy, we get the Ironborn actually showing they're a formidable naval power and we get a badass Yara.

WOOHOO.

I've watched the Asha/Yara scene so many times now and I really think it's just perfect, in such a short scene we get poignant family tragedy, we get the Ironborn actually showing they're a formidable naval power and we get a badass Yara.

WOOHOO.

I know. I would have liked this to be the final scene of the season in place of "Mhysa". Much more rousing. (that's rousing, not arousing, to be sure)

I can see Yara making it to the Dreadfort, but a little too late. Ramsay and Theon have moved on, possibly on their way to Winterfell, possibly on to other places where Ramsay will do his epic awfulness. Then there will be some battle that she'll lose, all her men will get dead, and them she'll heard about Balon doing a squid-dive off the balcony and she'll head home.

I know. I would have liked this to be the final scene of the season in place of "Mhysa". Much more rousing. (that's rousing, not arousing, to be sure)

To be honest, I would have really liked that too, it was one of the best fistbumping moments in the whole series so far.

I can see Yara making it to the Dreadfort, but a little too late. Ramsay and Theon have moved on, possibly on their way to Winterfell, possibly on to other places where Ramsay will do his epic awfulness. Then there will be some battle that she'll lose, all her men will get dead, and them she'll heard about Balon doing a squid-dive off the balcony and she'll head home.

Sounds about right.

There are several scenes I thought would have ended the season on a better note, this one included.

I also liked that it gave Yara some character growth. Last season, she showed she cared about Theon but she still left him to die. Perhaps now she regrets it, but thinks he's dead. When she learns he's alive, it's a way to get her brother back and correct a wrong. (Theon made his own choices, I'm just saying maybe in the show she'll mention something like regret she didn't just truss him up and drag him out with her)

...and I just really love Theon and the Iron Islands theme music, and its evolutions.

Real quick, how does Yara (Asha) plan on sailing to the dreadfort? It is nowhere near water.

Actually, the Dreadfort is located on the banks of the Weeping Water (a river on the Eastern shore). Yara says she's going to sail up the Narrow Sea all the way to the Weeping Water.

Actually, the Dreadfort is located on the banks of the Weeping Water (a river on the Eastern shore). Yara says she's going to sail up the Narrow Sea all the way to the Weeping Water.

Has somebody drunk to much Saltwater or have the editors? Does she want to attack every single realm in the 7 kingdoms before reaching the Deadfort by sea on the eastern coast. She should have planned to go to Southryos before attempting the impossible. The forzen wastes haven't been charted Storm Seas Ice will impede going that route, Going around Westeros every navy know the Iron Isanders are at war, kill on sight..

Has somebody drunk to much Saltwater or have the editors? Does she want to attack every single realm in the 7 kingdoms before reaching the Deadfort by sea on the eastern coast. She should have planned to go to Southryos before attempting the impossible. The forzen wastes haven't been charted Storm Seas Ice will impede going that route, Going around Westeros every navy know the Iron Isanders are at war, kill on sight..

She's only taking one ship- they probably disguise it as a freighter carrying squid-ink to the insurance underwriters of Braavos.

Archived