Who is the third Dragon? (BOOK SPOILERS)

I'd like to point out that the "three dragons" don't need to be Targaryens.

Dany is obviously one of them. Aegon might be or might not be. Tyrion seems to be getting to play some part in Dany's storyline. Jon is also a candidate, even though I dont personally like the whole R+L=J theory. Who the heck knows.

The whole plot is so convoluted, my thoughts and theories just tangle over each other and fall on their faces.

I think the dragons (maybe not Drogon) will fuck off and become the opposite destructive force to the Others. They will have to be brought to heel or killed as they are clearly not good news and I can't see that horn making too much difference, except for maybe pissing them the fuck off. The battle outside Meereen could end up all the people on the same side against the dragons.

This. The Dragon has Three Heads refers to someone with three sides to them. Not three individual people. That would be The Three Dragons have Three Heads.

well ur wrong, because the banner of house targaryen is a dragon with three heads, it represants aegon and his sister wives. its three persons. and it fits well with martin

well ur wrong, because the banner of house targaryen is a dragon with three heads, it represants aegon and his sister wives. its three persons. and it fits well with martin

It's one dragon with three heads. Yes representing Aegon and his sisters, and also Rhaegar's prophecy which is a dragon with three. One person with three titles.

I really hope its Tyrion, but I can't fully explain the justifications for him being the third head. I'm not even sure if evidence of Tyrion being the third head exist. However, there is a lot in aGoT that suggests he is super fascinated with dragons; he probably knows more about dragons than 85-90% of the people in aSoIaF, if not more, and I kind of believe Tyrion is the son of the mad king Aerys, and not Tywin Lannister.

Well, I will answer the question as if I have to name 3 riders. Dany, Jon, and Tyrion. I don't like this because it goes a little too far into fantasy for me. Drogon is obviously Dany's, Jon would ride the cream/white colored one and Tyrion the green with bronze eyes....BTW doesn't Tyrion have differently colored eyes...one greena and the other...(not brown)...want to say purpleish?

I much prefer the thought of the "dragon" having three heads. Jon Snow/Stark/Targaryen works better for me. Even Dany, Khaleesi, Mother of Dragons and Queen of Westerosi would be better than three people riding dragons to save the world.

I subscribe to three different meanings for this whole thing and switch between them the more I think about it.

1- Jon is the three headed dragon. He'll be shown to be an heir to the Starks. A Targ by blood. And a snow by birth. (along with all the other 3s he's been associated with) This theory makes a lot of sense and also throws a curveball to the prophecy, which seems to be something that happens in this story.

2- There are two additional Targs that will accompany TPtWP. This also makes sense as there are currently 3 supposed Targs out there (Dany, Jon & Aegon). When Maester Aemon is dying he mentions that he should be with Dany, as the dragon must have 3 heads, which to me sounds like Dany needs the other Targaryens with her to fufill her being TPtWP. This, obviously, means Aegon would be a true Targaryen.

3- TPtWP has already been fulfilled and was Aegon the Conqueror. The three dragons came and united Westeros (for good or bad). Seeing as we have no real confirmation of what TPtWP will even do, so perhaps this was the prophecy being realized.

I can talk myself into any of these scenarios depending on how I feel at the time. I'm currently thinking that perhaps all three will be hinted at in the books, but we'll never be given a true answer. This will be something that is given to the reader to interpret the prophecy.

Another possible instance of the 3 headed dragon are the Lannister children. Each Lannister is inadvertently heading towards, or already is, helping one of the last dragons.

Tyrion is on his way to counsel Dany so she stops being such a "young girl".

Jaime is on his way North to help Jon and redeem himself for letting Rhaegar die.

Cersei is creating the perfect recipe of fractured alliances and power vacuums to allow an easy ascension for Aegon.

:agree: one person three hypostasis. Imo Jon Snow the 3headed dragon

tptwp and the three headed dragon has nothing to do with each other...Rheagar just said something like the the dragon has 3 heads and that he thought Aegon was tptwp....2 completely different things....but who knows hahhahah this is GRRM so anything goes!

Archived