Do You Think Domeric and Robb Would Have Been Friends?

I don't know if Domeric and Robb would have been friends before the war, but it seems likely that Domeric would have been one of Robb's battle companions. What little I remember about Domeric, he seems like a wide-eyed idealist when compared to his father and half-brother.

Edit: That thought hadn't even occurred to me, Mountain. I certainly regret the day that Roose raped Ramsay's mother.

Who knows? They could have ended the rivalry between the two houses. But the sons of Roose and Eddard being friends? I have a hard time imagining that.

Sometimes I think ol' Ned died before he could tell Robb some nasty stories about the Boltons.

Didn't you read those Reek chapters? Ned never trusted Bolton because of their family's histories. But Roose never did anything to provoke any unwanted attention out of Winterfell. He was quiet about the things he did. Of course, Ned knew that Roose was a cold harded ass hole (slitting Selmy's throat at the Trident) and he knew the sinister reputation of the Boltons, but Ned never knew anything about Roose really.

Domeric was one generation above Robb having been a contemporary of Ned and Lyanna. Had he lived he probably would have served a role simialr to the Smalljon.

Didn't you read those Reek chapters? Ned never trusted Bolton because of their family's histories. But Roose never did anything to provoke any unwanted attention out of Winterfell. He was quiet about the things he did. Of course, Ned knew that Roose was a cold harded ass hole (slitting Selmy's throat at the Trident) and he knew the sinister reputation of the Boltons, but Ned never knew anything about Roose really.

No, I just watch the show and pretend I read the books. :leaving:

No, I just watch the show and pretend I read the books. :leaving:

LOL

I read all the books and had to read this thread to remember who the heck was Domeric... He must have been a really nice guy for Roose to simply don't care about his death

I don't know if Domeric was the same age as Lianaa. Yes Roose compared their horsemanship. However, Liana could have been so well known for her riding ability that it still is used as a point of comparison (or she could have left an impression on him in some way). So that is not a clear indication of Domerc's age. If Roose was accurate in his depiction I think Domeric might have at least gotten Robb's respect. They would have had a much better working relationship.

where does it ever say Ned didn't trust Roose?

where does it ever say Ned didn't trust Roose?

I'm not sure about the Reek chapters, but I'm fairly certain that Jon remembered that Ned never trusted Roose. Then again, Jon wasn't very trusting of anybody. His downfall in Dance was caused by him sending all of his friends away piece by piece, keeping his enemies close, and trying to do everything himself. On the other hand, Robb put too much trust in those around him: Be it in sending Theon away, thinking Edmure would magically know the plan, or trusting Roose and the Freys.

Based on the little we know about Domeric, I think he and Robb would have gotten along.

I thought Cat mentioned it in GoT while talking with Robb.

That would be odd, since she agrees with Robb that Roose is the best choice to lead the infantry. Odd position for someone Ned supposedly never trusted

I think Domeric would have been a good asset to the Boltons, whether or not he befriended Robb. Roose knows this, and clearly regrets his death even if he doesn't mourn it

Domeric and Lyanna weren't the same age. Roose merely compares their skill at riding. Being that he explicitly states that Domeric was seeking companionship of boys his own age when he went looking for Ramsey, I think we can safely infer that there would have been a couple of years of age between them at most.

That desire for companionship seems to suggest that he would have at least been open to friendship with Robb, but whether or not he would have been as calculating and self serving as his father is an open question.

Archived