Direwolf Mega-Brawl

Daecon Dayne

You do realize Nymeria is female and as a result probably the smallest of the remaining wolves. She is described as massive because she is a direwolve among wolves.

Yes i do realize this, thats why i changed the part of my post that said she was he biggest. No matter what she has the most experience fighting wolves and second in combat to Grey Wind, i think Nymeria has more experience fighting humans than Ghost but not Grey Wind. Even if shes smaller the experienced fighter ussually beats the stronger one unless the experienced fighter gets cocky see Oberyn Martell

It is stated on several occasions that Ghost is the biggest Direwolf

Yes Ghost is a male and he is the biggest you are right, however, that was not my initial point. My point was that Nymeria most likely would not win a fight over the male wolves because she would have a size disadvantage due to sexual dimorphism in the species.

Yes Ghost is a male and he is the biggest you are right, however, that was not my initial point. My point was that Nymeria most likely would not win a fight over the male wolves because she would have a size disadvantage due to sexual dimorphism in the species.

I partly agree with this. I think the size and strength difference between her and Ghost, for example, would be too extreme. But in the case of Shaggydog or Summer I think the males might have real fight on their hands, but that's just my personal opinion. We don't really know how much smaller she is than them.

All we know is that Ghost is significantly more powerful than all of his siblings.

Ghost is the biggest and strongest. That's based on the text, so no use disputing it.

Greywind is probably the second most powerful,

Summer defeats Shaggydog when they fight, so I guess that puts Summer above Shaggydog.

Summer refers to Nymeria as his "little sister" in Dance, so that puts her as the smallest and least powerful of the wolves.

If they mirror their owners abilities, then Ghost would once again be the top dog, given that Jon was a better swordsman than Robb.

Nymeria would probably be a more ferocious fighter than some of her bigger siblings, based on Arya's personality and abilities.

Summer would probably be the most intelligent/wisest.

As for Shaggydog. I don't know where he gets this fierce reputation as a fighting wolf. He is basically just in a bad mood all the time - a reflection of Rickon's state of mind. But he is neither the fiercest - that would be Nymeria, nor one of the biggest or strongest - as even Summer defeats him when they fight.

I would in fact put Shaggydog right at the bottom, all things considered.

Lady is the baby of the group,Shaggydog is above her and Nymeria is one above him, Summer is the middle child and technically so is Shaggydog because theirs 6 of them.. Grey Wind the second and Ghost the top wolf. However Nymeria has the most experience and she also has the most room to grow and develop her skills

Lady is the baby of the group,Shaggydog is above her and Nymeria is one above him, Summer is the middle child and technically so is Shaggydog because theirs 6 of them.. Grey Wind the second and Ghost the top wolf. However Nymeria has the most experience and she also has the most room to grow and develop her skills

Sure, but no one's including Lady in these comparisons, are they? She's at the bottom by default.

Out of curiosity, what does G.O.A.T stand for?

Probably Greatest of all Time.

Who would win? I'd bet on Ghost. Largest and strongest we know. He also has had a pretty decent amount of experience we know of in battles as well as surviving on his own for the time he was separated from Jon.

By the way why do people always forget that Summer was the first to kill? There is also that scene in Queenscrown where Summer is descrbed as " ... and death lept down among them" wher he tore several wildlings apart and allowed Jon to escape. Jon says that he had never seen an animal move so fast. Summer can be really nasty when he needs to.

Nymeria was rumored to have taken down an auroch by herself.

IA that Nymeria is more ferocious than Shaggydog.

Yes i do realize this, thats why i changed the part of my post that said she was he biggest. No matter what she has the most experience fighting wolves and second in combat to Grey Wind, i think Nymeria has more experience fighting humans than Ghost but not Grey Wind. Even if shes smaller the experienced fighter ussually beats the stronger one unless the experienced fighter gets cocky see Oberyn Martell

I think she does have the most experience because she is the only one who actively hunts humans. Greywind only did it while in battle because of necessity to help Robb but Nymeria seems to like killing humans.

Grey Wind has to be at the top with Ghost. Sure Nymeria has probably killed more humans, but she operates with her pack, preying on vulnerable individuals. Grey Wind fought armed and armored men, and was by Robb's side in every battle he fought. And of course the size difference between male and female wolves already mentioned.

Nymeria kills both combatants and non combatants.

"Her dreams were red and savage. The Mummers were in them, four at least, a pale Lyseni and a dark brutal axeman from Ib, the scarred Dothraki horse lord called Iggo and a Dornishman whose name she never knew. On and on they came, riding through the rain in rusting mail and wet leather, swords and axe clanking against their saddles. They thought were were hunting her, she knew with all the strange sharp certainty of dreams, but they were wrong. She was hunting them."

& I wouldn't be surprised if knights came across her as well.

Nymeria kills both combatants and non combatants.

& I wouldn't be surprised if knights came across her as well.

True, she has killed armed men, and I'm not doubting the badassery, but there's still quite a difference between ambushing four mummers and being at the heart of a pitched battle involving tens of thousands of men.

Archived