changes from the books you would LIKE to see made on hbo show

space

He's not as outwardly/over the top and obviously douchey, but he might actually be even creepier than book Daario.

I have mixed feelings about show Selyse - in some ways shes more pitiable but also Lysa Arryn esque which is not the vibe I got from the books -

seriously? am I the only one that got Selyse-bat-shit-craycray vibe from her?

you're right though, the show Selyse is easier to identify with. Or at least you sorta pity her.

ETA.... you av :( I need to go wash my eyeballs :P

ETA2: what happened to the community spirit, and not making us suffer with it? :D

He's not as outwardly/over the top and obviously douchey, but he might actually be even creepier than book Daario.

I have mixed feelings about show Selyse - in some ways shes more pitiable but also Lysa Arryn esque which is not the vibe I got from the books - but I very much enjoyed what appeared initially to be the expansion of Shireen in episode 5. I was disappointed when she wasn't given a more prominent role after her introduction, in fact I think a more effective take on the shows very half assed, mediocre interpretation of ASoS' Dragonstone arc would be to replace Edric with Shireen instead of Gendry. Of course, this would have been more effective if D&D portrayed Stannis as the conflicted, complex character he is, but apparently that's too much to ask of them.

Selyse from show is whole new character. She has almost nothing in common with book Selyse in appearance and personality. That's why I like her

I liked when they put Patchface lines in Shireen's song and dissapointed when she is not shown before Red Wedding to foreshadow it

Of course, this would have been more effective if D&D portrayed Stannis as the conflicted, complex character he is, but apparently that's too much to ask of them.

Oh he looks conflicted alright. He's basically a puppet for the Red Woman at this point, doing what she says to do because he thinks he has no other option, but at least he has the grace to not look happy about it. But what else can he do? He has no leverage against her. What can he do when every time he's ignored or dismissed her "council," something awful has happened?

AFFC and ADWD as ONE season? Talk about a series nerf!

As for Cersei and Jaime's scene, i dont think that will carry out like it did in the books. Jaime returned far too early...

No. Realistically they cannot do that without gimping a future plot line so hard, its unrecognizable. Come on, guys. Lets be realistic here.

Not necessary. Quentyn is important for 2 things. Releasing dragons and Doran supporting Aegon over Dany. They can easily find another fool to release dragons and they can cut all Targ/Martells wedding plot so in that way Doran was never thinking to support Dany and he will support Aegon because he is son of Elia and he is actually in Westeros

now that i think about it how they handle Aegon's emergence is going to be huge. First he has to be very well cast, and secondly i think they have to give him a lot more screen time to get the audience invested in him and not think he is some sort of cheap trick. Maybe have one cool moment with him in Essos before he takes storm's end?

Making the Tyrion-Jorah-Penny hookup a little less contrived.

Perhaps Penny and her brother are hunted down after Joffrey's death by Cersei as Tyrion's "co-conspirators" (you know Cersei-logic), and Varys smuggles Penny out at the same time as Tyrion after her brother is killed.

Perhaps Jorah actually hears Tyrion is in Essos and goes hunting for him to bring him back to Dany and be forgiven.

Anything has to be better than all three characters just randomly bumping into each other.

Not necessary. Quentyn is important for 2 things. Releasing dragons and Doran supporting Aegon over Dany. They can easily find another fool to release dragons and they can cut all Targ/Martells wedding plot so in that way Doran was never thinking to support Dany and he will support Aegon because he is son of Elia and he is actually in Westeros

No. That would be dumb.

now that i think about it how they handle Aegon's emergence is going to be huge. First he has to be very well cast, and secondly i think they have to give him a lot more screen time to get the audience invested in him and not think he is some sort of cheap trick. Maybe have one cool moment with him in Essos before he takes storm's end?

Maybe when Arya gets to Braavos, she can run into a dude who is suspiciously pretty and blue haired at a port? :B (just a one-off "hey theres a suspicious looking person here" and Arya just sorta shrugs it off as Cat of the Canals.)

If that guy we saw in the finale is who i think it is, i do not think Victarion is cut.

<_< They need to keep this in. Sorry.

The title's called 'changes you would like to see' - not 'changes you're gonna see.'

She said she was going to sail up the Weeping Water and march to the Dreadfort. So I think she's got it covered.

So she's gotta take a ship, sail south to the bottom of westeros, then go east until she's at the coast of Sunspear, go back north through hostile waters, dock the ship and get into a boat to sail up the river.

I wonder how many more pieces of Theon will be missing by then.

I figured this was a better forum for the discussion with the whole spoiler thing...just seeing some changes you would like to see the show make

(SPOILERS obviously)

One thing I would like is to see Bronn join Tyrion in his little overseas adventure, he could be waiting outside the red keep en route to the ship after tyrion concludes his westerosi affairs, bronn and tyron bro-ing it up in illyrio's palace and on all the other adwd adventures would be great

I also wouldnt mind if they cut Penny out and replaced her with an attractive semi love interest for tyrion

Would also be nice to see some of Vary's behind the scenes scheming during affc, more "behind the scenes" scenes of littlefinger and the red viper would be awesome too!

an obvious must is joffery having a more brutal death...i want that damn poison to be so excruciatingly painful that he is crying, sobbing and begging for help for 3+ minutes like the little bitch that he is!

also wouldnt mind seeing them kill daario off soonr, the actor is even worse than the character!

(who knows...i guess he still might be) but turning "the kindly man" into jaquen higar would be a winner too

Noooooo, this show has made everyone hot. A. not everyone needs a love interest and B. Penny's character is perfect because she really represents all of the "smallfolk" (please no jokes) in being caught in this conflict which she has no control over.

Also, about Daario but can we please have a nude scene first? I don't mind him though.

I am ambivalent as to Quentyn. Both sides have made good arguments. To those who want him axed, how will you rework the dragons escaping then? Also, how will you explain Arianne's complicated relationship with Doran?

I'd love for Sansa to have a larger role in Joffrey's death. I'm not sure how, perhaps she'd be the one to actually directly poison him with (it would definitely make her more popular with the fans), but even knowledge of it beforehand on her part would do. I'd also love to see her reaction slightly exgaggerated afterward. Seeing her skipping down the hallway, laughing maniacally and grinning seconds before she realizes she's a suspect would be wonderful. We haven't seen enough of Sansa's reactions to things, only the aftermath. :D

First and foremost would be less Daario...unlikely seeing as his three episode stint in Season 3 gave him more screentime than Mance Rayder and almost as much as Beric and Stannis unfortunately.

Apart from that, I wouldn't mind seeing Areo & Aeron cut, though I do look forward to the Dorne storyline pretty much soley for Darkstar. Actually more Darkstar (especially if Todd Lasance is cast in the role as I hope and pray for) would be great. Also more onscreen Stannis badassery ala Blackwater would be nice.

And of course, Axell Florent should be added to the show, played by Timothy Spall (Pettigrew from Harry Potter). The show is very much lacking his worldiness and impeccable charm.

I really hope Todd plays someone in Game of Thrones, though he would be perfect for Darkstar, he was amazing in Spartacus

Archived