Jon Stark?

Rhaegarsjoy

If Jon becomes king of westeros do you think he will take the stark name? Jon has spend his entire life thinking Ned was his father and never developed any feelings for another potential father the way he did his mother. If he learns his mother is "L" I think he won't feel compelled to take a name of a family he has no

personal connection with. Daemon tries to claim the throne because of his blood but chose his own name and Robert because of his grandmother to show some resemblance of following the laws of succession. Jon will have the right blood but he's all stark. What do you think do you think? Do you think he'll take the stark name? do you want him to?

If by some rare chance he takes the IT, he has to take Targaryen as his surname. His Stark blood has nothing to do with his claim to the throne.

He has the targaryan blood as his claim to the throne, why can't he take the stark name, neither Robert or daemon felt compelled to?

If he survives the multiple stab wounds and in doing so also retains his old former "stark" nature, then sure I'd say he retains his stark name. But I doubt he will be that lonely base born Stark kid. Kill the boy and let the man be born. Still to be determined what that man will be called.

If Jon is going to become king of anything, it will be King-Beyond-The-Wall, and there his surname won't matter.

If by some miracle he does take the IT, it'll be as a pawn of one of the players (preferably Sansa). In that scenario, he won't be deciding which of his surnames would be best to capitalize on for political advantage.

Well, I certainly hope he doesn't take the Targaryen name. Despite what a lot of people seem to believe, it is not his status as a secret Targaryen that would make him worthy to rule. As the free folk say, a man does not become king just because his father was. If Jon does sit the IT it will because he earned it through great leadership and wisdom and his service to the realm. I think he can take any name he wants.

If R+L=J is true and they were wed (even in a polygamous marriage since Rhaegar was still married to Elia) then Jon Targaryan would be his true name, no matter what he called himself. If R+L=J is true and they never were wed, then Jon Snow is his true name, despite his parentage.

Well, I certainly hope he doesn't take the Targaryen name. Despite what a lot of people seem to believe, it is not his status as a secret Targaryen that would make him worthy to rule. As the free folk say, a man does not become king just because his father was. If Jon does sit the IT it will because he earned it through great leadership and wisdom and his service to the realm. I think he can take any name he wants.

I disagree. The name and family heritage mean a lot when talking about taking a throne. Davos displays leadership, wisdom, and service to the realm, but that doesn't mean he will be king.

If R+L=J is true and they were wed (even in a polygamous marriage since Rhaegar was still married to Elia) then Jon Targaryan would be his true name, no matter what he called himself. If R+L=J is true and they never were wed, then Jon Snow is his true name, despite his parentage.

Exactly. Its that simple.

If R+L = J is true and R+L were not married then Jon's true name is Jon Stone (dragonstone) or Jon Sand (born in Dorne).

If R+L = J is true and R+L were not married then Jon's true name is Jon Stone (dragonstone) or Jon Sand (born in Dorne).

But both his parents were of noble houses, so I guess it would depend on who recognized him. If Rhaegar didn't recognize him or couldn't before he was killed, than he'd have to go by Snow. And I think the bastard name for all the crownlands is Waters or Tanner, Dragonstone being part of the crownlands, so he would be Jon Waters if Rhaegar recognized him. Who knows, moot point anyway with Ned claiming him as his own and no one but a sworn bannerman who is 100% loyal to the Ned who could possbly dispute it as the only one alive from the ToJ.

If he does accept the throne, which I believe he will, I think he will take the Targaryen name, because that is his ACTUAL name after all. But regardless, that doesn't make him less of a Stark,, nor does it make him shun his family.

If Jon becomes king of westeros do you think he will take the stark name? Jon has spend his entire life thinking Ned was his father and never developed any feelings for another potential father the way he did his mother. If he learns his mother is "L" I think he won't feel compelled to take a name of a family he has no

personal connection with. Daemon tries to claim the throne because of his blood but chose his own name and Robert because of his grandmother to show some resemblance of following the laws of succession. Jon will have the right blood but he's all stark. What do you think do you think? Do you think he'll take the stark name? do you want him to?

If he marries Dany they will be...wait for it.... the Targstarks

No, it isn't. He was raised in the heart of the North by Lord Stark, receiving exactly the same upbringing and education as the Stark heir and everyone, including himself, perceives him as a bastard of Winterfell. It hardly matters that he was born in Dorne; unless he is revealed as the trueborn son of Lyanna, his true name is Snow by every possible custom. Also, the bastard name for the Crownlands and the Dragonstone is Waters. Stone is the bastard name of the Vale. Mya Stone, Alayne Stone, ring a bell?

If by some miracle he does take the IT, it'll be as a pawn of one of the players (preferably Sansa). In that scenario, he won't be deciding which of his surnames would be best to capitalize on for political advantage.

:agree:

Players decide who sits on the throne and if Jon sits on it, it will only be because he's a player's puppet.

I've always envisioned Sansa doing a Cersei where the Direwolf is right next to the dragon to demonstrate her power and authority. But she'll make Jon take the Targaryen surname because it causes less problems in the long run

I don't think Jon will be king anyway, but if he does (in a miraculous manner) he'll be a pawn. Still sticking to Aegon because he's the puppet for the master: Varys

Archived