[Book Spoiler 1-5] Wouldn't it be great if...

KingInTheCave

I'd say it depends on whether or not UnCat has an important (and I mean like, essential) role in the future books.

So far, UnCat's favorite hobbies include hanging Freys and not hanging Briennes. I'm hoping something pivotal will happen with Jaime and her in the WoW, otherwise why bother.

If they do include her in the show, I hope they keep her appearences to the very minimum, as personally I'm not particularly fond of the un-characterization of Cat,

I'd say it depends on whether or not UnCat has an important (and I mean like, essential) role in the future books.

So far, UnCat's favorite hobbies include hanging Freys and not hanging Briennes. I'm hoping something pivotal will happen with Jaime and her in the WoW, otherwise why bother.

If they do include her in the show, I hope they keep her appearences to the very minimum, as personally I'm not particularly fond of the un-characterization of Cat,

Well, she didn't rip her face with her fingernails on the show, so it's already toned down. And I'm not sure how her hatred for Jaime is going to play out on the show, since the line "jaime Lannister sends his regards" was changed.

Well, she didn't rip her face with her fingernails on the show, so it's already toned down.

Hardly toned down given that we saw her have a complete mental break and then her throat cut right in front of our eyes! A few facial scars are rather trivial compared to what we saw happen to her!

I'm betting she will look pretty messed up when brought back anyway. And I think they will. It does seem likely she has a larger purpose, but even if all they use her for is to give viewers some much longed-for acts revenge then that in itself will be a massive crowd-pleaser and would be odd if they passed up that opportunity.

Hardly toned down given that we saw her have a complete mental break and then her throat cut right in front of our eyes! A few facial scars are rather trivial compared to what we saw happen to her!

I'm talking about her appearance after she comes back, a few facial scars can make a huge difference in how she looks.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/18e340b3527d8d731a3cfeee483d400e/tumblr_mersejBxvm1qg9topo1_1280.jpg

I believed it until cat was brought back. The only thing that can make it true again is if one of the following characters die very soon: Dany, Arya, Bran/Rickon, or Jon Snow.

On a side note Protar: what magic was left out on the show? I really don't recall anything except for the visions in the house of the undying.

So you only enjoy movies/books where there is uncertainty of the characters' survival? You must hate Batman and James Bond.

So you only enjoy movies/books where there is uncertainty of the characters' survival? You must hate Batman and James Bond.

I've never said that. But yes, the fact that we know the main character is not going to die in almost all movies and stories does make them a little less entertaining. And I don't see 99% of Batman fans saying that no one is safe in a Batman story.

It's going to be Talisa that comes back in the show.

They want some eye-candy for the target audience plus the actress who plays her said she did a lot of training to ride horses and shoot bow and stuff. Why bother teaching her if she was just going to be a nurse who marries Rob?

What?! That would be even more awful that Catelyn coming back.

What?! That would be even more awful that Catelyn coming back.

I agree it would suck, just seems like they going that way if you think about it.

Why else put in a whole new character and have her die at same time as Cat?

Plus Michelle Farley has said how said she is to be leaving show. Could be a ruse of course but then why did the other actress tell people she was getting all this combat training?

Plus the TV audience would LOVE if she comes back and get's revenge for her dead baby etc. That was what upset them most about the RW.

It's going to be Talisa that comes back in the show.

They want some eye-candy for the target audience plus the actress who plays her said she did a lot of training to ride horses and shoot bow and stuff. Why bother teaching her if she was just going to be a nurse who marries Rob?

It's not going to be Talisa. Oona Chaplin did training to ride horses because she had to ride horses, and she probably learned archery for the fun of it, or because they were teaching other people on the show and she thought she would do it as well.

I was an extra for a BBC show when I was a kid and two of the other kids had to learn how to do stunt fighting, but the stunt coordinator taught it to all of us anyway even though most of us weren't going to be fighting at all.

The only way I could see Talisa coming back is if Michelle Fairley doesn't want to and they can't get her to come back (although that seems unlikely). In that case, they could probably write it in such a way that the characters fulfill the same function, although her interactions with the other characters like Brienne and others (depending on what Martin writes) wouldn't be as meaningful.

I've never said that. But yes, the fact that we know the main character is not going to die in almost all movies and stories does make them a little less entertaining. And I don't see 99% of Batman fans saying that no one is safe in a Batman story.

Yeah, but you know Batman's not going to die.

A good story is a good story, regardless of the permanence (or lack thereof) of death within it.

Its going to come down to whether the unCat storyline is worth the contract of Michelle Fairley.

And if it will be a major storyline in aWoW and beyond, will D&D add storylines to keep her under contract and onscreen, similar to how they went about the Theon situation in season3.

I hope not. Theon's storyline was torturously weak (rhymes with reek), but they did it to keep Alfie Allen under contract through season 3, so that they can keep him for book 4/5 storylines. Unfortunately, these decisions will overshadow whether its true to the books.

Oona Chaplin has denied rumours that she's returning for Season 4 (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2342431/MoS-Diary-Queen-Oona-wont-come-dead-.html). I don't know where people got the idea from. There seems to be a lot of speculation on these forums where someone's wild speculation turns into 'unconfirmed rumours' and everyone gets their knickers in a twist over nothing.

A reanimated Talisa would just be terrible. I am actually kind of excited to see Lady Stoneheart, even if I hate her character. It's just the right amount of creep. Whether or not it's a main plotline, who knows, but it certainly is setting the tone for how the war is playing out (all the hangings and such).

The main character of that storyline (in the show) was Robb. His death is much more meaningful to non-readers when watching the show. Catelyn is just his mother- a character on the sidelines and collateral dage at the RW (to viewers). They were sad by her death, but appalled by Robb's, so the sense that anyone can die won't change... at least until the show reaches ADWD and AFFC where plenty of characters get fake deaths...

Not sure if serious...

Catelyn is one of the most popular characters among TV show watchers, everyone I know was either just as (if not more) devastated by Catelyn's death as they were with Robb's.

As for not bringing Catelyn back, its hard for us to say, because we don't know the role that she may still have to play. However, I think it would be bitching it to leave Stoneheart out really...

Will They be able to avoid rumors of Michelle Fairley on set?

That would be a shame if that came out.

A shame? The book has been published for most than a decade now. If it "cames out" it won't be because of a handful of people who sees Fairley on set, but because of the million of readers that know of Uncat.

Archived