Main Characters and Faith of the Seven, any Resemblance?

The Faith of the Seven is the dominant religion of the Seven Kingdoms, and is often simply referred to as "the Faith". The only parts of Westeros where the Faith is not widespread are the North and the Iron Islands, where the practice of the old gods and of the Drowned God respectively are still strong.

The Faith worships the Seven, a single deity with seven aspects or faces, each representing a different virtue. Worshipers pray to specific aspects of the Seven for help and guidance depending on their need. This aspects are:

Father, or the Father Above, representing judgment. He is depicted as a bearded man who carries scales, and is prayed to for justice.

Mother, or the Mother Above, representing motherhood and nurturing. She is prayed to for fertility or compassion, and is depicted as smiling with love, embodying the concept of mercy.

Warrior, representing strength in battle. He is prayed to for courage and victory. He carries a sword.

Maiden, representing innocence and chastity. She is usually prayed to to protect a maiden's virtue.

Smith, representing crafts and labor. He is usually prayed to when work needs to be done, for strength. He carries a hammer.

Crone, representing wisdom. She carries a lantern and is prayed to for guidance.

Stranger. An exception to the other aspects, the Stranger represents death and the unknown. Worshipers rarely seek favor from the Stranger, but outcasts sometimes associate themselves with this god.

-----------------------------------------------

Don't these main characters have very similar characteristics to the descriptions of the the Seven?

Father = Eddard

Mother = Dany

Warrior = Jon/Stannis (whoever is Azor Ahai probably Jon) or Jaime

Maiden = Sansa

Smith = ????? Gendry, or not as literal interpretation Tyrion (successful at building infrastructure in KL), or Bran (the builder?)

Crone = Queen of Thorns

Stranger = Euron Greyjoy

What you think?

Someone once said that none of ASOIAF characters represent only one aspect of the Seven. Sansa is maiden, but there is also Smith and Mother motif in her story. Jaime is warrior, but he is also Father and Stranger, as any warrior. Since Seven is just aspects of one God, we can say that each character has a bit of all seven in him/her.

Given that each of the Seven is a common aspect in the lives of the people of Westeros, I think it's inevitable that you'll find parallels between the new gods and various POVs. I don't believe there are any characters that are specifically intended to be specific stand-ins or representatives of the Seven, though. If you're looking for that, I guess my only real suggestion would be to avoid characters who clearly mark themselves as believing in a different set of gods/a different god.

Theon and Arya both highly share the Stranger motif.

They both are of an ambiguous gender, and have a myriad of identities... Theon also wishes for death while Arya wants to inflict it.

The one I like most is the Starks=the Seven

Father- Ned

Mother- Cat

Warrior- Robb

Maiden- Sansa

Crone- Bran

Smith- Rickon (not too concrete yet, but I suspect it will be if he is key to Stark restoration)

Stranger- Arya

Oh that's good, those fit great

Indeed, though I can't take credit.

I've tried doing one with Lannisters, but it doesn't work out quite as well. Many Lannisters can take places, but here's the best I got

Father- Tywin/Jaime

Mother- Joanna/Cersei

Warrior- Jaime

Maiden- Tommen/Myrcella (the Maiden is typically female, but since these two are innocent enough they both can go here)

Crone- Genna? (this one's the hardest to find one for, but she seemed the best option)

Smith- Kevan/Daven (this is for the same reason as Rickon, as these two seemed to try and rebuild their house)

Stranger- Tyrion/Cersei

Father- Arya and Ned

Mother- Catelyn

Maiden - Rickon: the maiden is all about innocence and purity, from all of his siblings Rickon's actually the one least exploited to the evil of the world

Smith - Sansa; she's strong and she builds her future. The Smith may not a fighter like the Warrior but it's a unique strength

Warrior - Robb

Crone - Bran

Stranger - Jon

I had been thinking about this for some time, and looking for this thread for ages.

I believe that the whole game of thrones is a distraction, and that the battle with the Others is the real threat. The CotF and the Old Gods were able to drive the Others back in the past, but not defeat them. The Old Gods need the New Gods for the coming battle.

Bran is revitalizing the power of the Old Gods, and can teach what he learns to Rickon (if he is found) and Arya (if she returns), and Jon (if he lives).

The priests of R’hllor are growing stronger, and when Mel looks in her fires she sees Snow.

Why wouldn’t the Seven also begin to increase in strength, and perhaps take up physical forms?

Crone – Olenna Tyrell. I have no real reason for this, just a feeling

Mother – Dany – She has not given birth to a child of her own, yet she is the mother of thousands, and mother of dragons

Maiden – Sansa – after all the close calls, abuse, a marriage to an oversexed individual, escape with a creepy fellow fixated on her mother, and everything else, the girl is still untouched. No one is that lucky.

Smith – Gendry – A smith is a real necessity in this culture, for everything from nails to build with, to cooking pots, farming implements, and weapons, so there are probably any number of smiths around. Other than being Robert’s bastard, what exactly is Gendry’s purpose?

Warrior – Jaime – The one-handed warrior of the northern European legends, perhaps?

Stranger – Robert Strong – The stranger is represented by a figure that has no face, no past, and represents the unknown and death. This sounds like a perfect description of Robert strong.

Father – Jon – If the king is the father of his kingdom, then the LC is the father of the NW – If R+L=J, then he is of the right bloodline to be king in the south. If Robb’s will is found, he has the authority to be king in the north.

All this would make Jon the focal point for the battle against the Others. I doubt that this is a survivable position

Brienne is the maiden for me. She values her chastity as a choice, not simply because she hasn't had sex yet. Sansa always wanted to be married and make little princes. Don't understand everyone's obsession with her as a champion of chastity.

Aside from the obvious, there's also the passage in AFFC where Nimble Dick tells Brienne all about the Just Maid and the Maiden. I thought that was relevant somehow, given how little we are told about the Maiden, overall.

The stranger is represented by a figure that has no face, no past, and represents the unknown and death. This sounds like a perfect description of Robert strong.

Or Arya. She is no one. She's training to be an agent of Death, which is what the Stranger seems to represent. No face = faceless men.

Archived