Azor Ahai IS The Prince That Was Promised (proof)

I wonder why the people of Asshai have a prophecy for a hero in Westeros..

Shhhhhh!!!! Don't draw attention to stuff like that, man.

Maybe that continent has all the best gossip.

but Westeros is the hip new happening continent so the prophetic gossip has to be applied to the West or else it'd start sounding irrelevant. It's like how Cincinatti and Venice will eventually be declared the new holy lands, because they're closer to home and more relevant to our lives.

Well my theory is that the shadow lands and the lands of always winter are conected thus making the others a threat to essos which explain why the whole rhallor thing started in ashai right by the shadow lands to protect essos just like the wall. there are also dragon eggs in the shadow lands so it fits in with the whole ice and fire thing! Think I could be on to something?

The long night was 8,000 years ago, plenty of time for a myth to cross the entire world. It would be staggeringly surprising if no one in Sothyros had heard of Azor Azai. More tellingly, it's an indication that the Long Night affected the whole world.

The long night was 8,000 years ago, plenty of time for a myth to cross the entire world. It would be staggeringly surprising if no one in Sothyros had heard of Azor Azai. More tellingly, it's an indication that the Long Night affected the whole world.

Can the others cross water?

Can the others cross water?

They probably wouldn't need to; the water would freeze into ice, as seems to have happened in the Land of Always Winter.

Well my theory is that the shadow lands and the lands of always winter are conected thus making the others a threat to essos which explain why the whole rhallor thing started in ashai right by the shadow lands to protect essos just like the wall. there are also dragon eggs in the shadow lands so it fits in with the whole ice and fire thing! Think I could be on to something?

If you mean connected by land, that's highly unlikely. There may be a thematic connection there between ends of the world facing unique supernatural threats, but I don't think there's a physical bridge between the two.

Uhhhhhh, maybe it's a hole to China situation? What if The Shadow (where dragons first emerged out of ???) is located at an exact polar opposite spot from the Others' point of origin in the heart of their Everwinter. So, like, an infinite line runs through the center of the earth bristling with energies that aren't understood and at both ends this magic candle produces a sparkler, a display of power erupting into the air like magic's version of a geyser. Maybe there's an off button on a thing like that, or a way to melt down the power plant so it implodes and the extradimensional gates cancel each other out.

Kinda makes the wall a bit pointless then doesn't it?? also can you prove that about TLOAW?

That wouldn't make the wall useless. If the Others tried to freeze the wall it'd only make it stronger. It was quite sensible to make the wall out of a material that the Others seem to the strengthen as they approach.

That wouldn't make the wall useless. If the Others tried to freeze the wall it'd only make it stronger. It was quite sensible to make the wall out of a material that the Others seem to the strengthen as they approach.

Ummm we are on to different wave lengths... I was talking about how they could freeze the water in the ocean next to the wall.........

If you mean connected by land, that's highly unlikely. There may be a thematic connection there between ends of the world facing unique supernatural threats, but I don't think there's a physical bridge between the two.

But think about it. TLOAW branches of uncharted into N.W while TS goes of to N.E so they could meet. plus we don't even know the shape of the world. also u got a better explenation for why ashai and the wall both deal with the same threat?

Ummm we are on to different wave lengths... I was talking about how they could freeze the water in the ocean next to the wall.........

Oh, that's a good point. In that case, yes, the Night's Watch has lots to be worried about. Perhaps that's why Eastwatch can launch ships. Goodness, that's terrifying! :o

Cough, sorry to pee in the cornflakes here but there is no textural evidence to suggest R'hllor originates in Ashai. In fact I strongly suspect its from Lys and was born out of some survivors of the Doom of Valeryia. There is a thread on the origins on the Red God which even if I do say so myself is rather good. Have a read you might come up with some different ideas it would be good to get other people's perspective on it.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/90666-examining-the-cult-of-the-red-godwhat-is-going-on-with-them-there-red-priests/

I keep thinking about changing the name of the thread to see if it gets a bit more attention that way, but have no idea how to do so.

It remains a possibility that these prophecies refer to the same figure, but it is not certain.

These two characters have made it known that this is their opinion, but this is a story where characters who make bold assertions of truth are often proven wrong. No character in 100% reliable on everything and I suspect that this issue is one where there's more to the story than either of these characters have claimed.

The recording cited by the original poster simply has Martin speaking from Melisandre's point of view, about her beliefs, not about what is actually true in his universe. I don't think he'd make this kind of revelation or confirmation in this kind of offhand manner. He's speaking about what Melisandre believes, not what is strictly true in his universe.

Very true. Martin has also claimed in an interview about the show that Ned was the main character. I'm not saying that AAR and the PtwP are not the same (they may well be), but this video isn't proof of anything.

Archived