BWB Eurocommie meet 2006

Chaldanya

But you should have voted for Krakow if you wanted to go there Filippa.

oh, no, that was just in reply to Eefa's Eastern city proposal. I can go to Krakow without all of you, thank you very much :P

Though in a few years, when I get nostalgic...why not? ;)

eta: oh, I didn't see Ilyn's vote before I posted. Well, in this case I think we'll start a coalition to promote Krakow 2007 ;)

although, if we went to Krakow, I could visit family at the same time and save some vacation days. And it would be close for Maid Sansa to reach...

I would say first weekend in May, isn't it a bank holiday which would mean time off for folks but maybe higher prices

Actually for the UK and Ireland, we have Monday May 1st off. Not sure how it is for the continent. So if people want to take advantage of that day off, then they should choose the last weekend in April. But as Barry said, prices are likely to be higher except possibily if booked well in advance. Its one of those fun conundrums. :)

I'd assume that Mayday is a day off in most of Europe, but since it's only this one day I'm not sure how it will impact the airfares. It's not a tradition over here to use that day to go abroad.

Other than that, it seems like Barcelona is getting a good lead down to Venice.

Right, I'm really bored at work today!

I have added up the votes by giving the top choice 4 points, the second 3 points and so on......

The results so far are:

Barcelona - 52

Venice - 33

Lisbon - 21

Amsterdam - 20

It would seem that we are heading to Barcelona, as I don't think there are many more people left to vote (11 people had Barca as their top choice with 3 for Venice being the next highest).

We need to concentrate on the dates now!

P.S. There were a few other locations but they were largely ignored so I left them out. :)

hey sean, panthero's disappeared from your avatar. It's just a red cross box now :(

eta - hmmm he's back now - must have been something to do with my browser ... but while we're on the topic: http://www.adultfanfiction.net/aff/main.php?list=218 ...

which includes the following -

Panthro's own laughter drowned out that external sound. He stopped when he realized that Tygra had not reacted to his story. “You do know that was a joke?â€

“Oh,†Tygra was caught and brought back to reality. He had been ogling Panthro's cut and trim upper body. “I was distracted,†he said at last. The tiger ran his finger down the panther's cheek then let his hand drop further onto the exposed parts of his friend's chest.

Panthro arose quickly and unexpectedly. He held Tygra's hands in his own. “Come on, you look like you're going to drool.†Tygra got his arms around his friend's body and drew that Thundercat closer, close enough to whisper easily into his ear. “What? No, Tygra, no. What would Willa say?†Panthro broke away from the tiger.

“You won't even let me have a look?†He reached out to try to grab Panthro between the legs but his friend diverted his hands away.

Sansa, you think Lisbon is cheaper than Barcelona? I don't know about the city itself, but getting to Barcelona should be reasonably cheap. You have one of the big Ryanair bases in Girona, many miles north of the city. In fact, it has another airport south of the city too, Reus. There are more services to Girona but one could always find a cheaper ticket to Reus. Or find another airline that goes there.

Actually...I first thought you were just encouraging her to vote the same way you voted, but you put Barcelona first. ;)

Every Monday holiday in Ireland causes a significant increase in people travelling, so I would think prices would be higher around May Day. No idea how much though. But choosing a date for this thing seems to be the main decision left.

And just for CD...I can't do fares...but I can easily tell you that there are 4 airlines that fly Barcelona-Seville. Iberia, Air Europa, Vueling and Spanair. ;)

No, Pod, I guess I misunderstood then. I surmised Lyanna meant alcohol & accommodation costs rather than traveling costs. In that case, I guessed (just guessed, mind, because it's less "on the beaten path") that Lisbon might be cheaper. For getting there, Barcelona is most probably much cheaper. It even looks like Ryanair will start flying there from the second international airport my country has, and which is only a little over 100km away from me! Yay! Now please, please just let the government stop dragging its feet...

I was thinking you were talking about accomadation/drinking costs...but I have been hopelessly corrupted by work and if one gives me any opportunity, I go rambling off about traveling. ;) Although I have no clue how prices compare between Barcelona and elsewhere. So I was wondering did you know something more.

Now please, please just let the government stop dragging its feet...

Speaking as somebody working in an airport (see, here I go again), be careful what you wish for. :P

Not that i'm unaware of the advantages Ryanair bring. :)

Edited to add:

And Zak seals it. Another Barcelona vote. :P

Just to try to make sense of dates...

Pref April since I hope to go to Slovakia in May.

two May dates have a particular attraction for me

last week in April or first two in May

The later the better so May some time would be good.

I would say first weekend in May, isn't it a bank holiday ...actually the last weekend in April

end of april start of may

I would just say that the last weekend in April and the first weekend in May are the most popular choices. Not sure how to choose between them. I looked at one website and prices aren't particularly different (maybe cheaper for the April option). While Ryanair doesn't take bookings for April/May which is weird. So anyone else with preferences?

Archived