who is the hooded man in winterfell?

Muggle

I really wish I knew the answer to this one. A fair number of candidates, none of whom have a definitive edge on the others as far as proof goes. It's just one of those things we have to wait for GRRM to reveal.

Arthur Dayne is dead isn t he? and what what does he have to do with Winterfell really? Don t think that a likely possibility

Blackfish should have been recognized by Theon when talking to him, Theon knows Brynden Stark

Dagmar should be at Torrhens holding it with his Ironmen

Benjen is also known by Theon and should have been recognized by him

Howland Reed

Arthur Dayne

Blackfish

Dagmar Cleftjaw

Benjen Stark

Arthur Dayne is dead isn t he? and what what does he have to do with Winterfell really? Don t think that a likely possibility

Blackfish should have been recognized by Theon when talking to him, Theon knows Brynden Stark

Dagmar should be at Torrhens holding it with his Ironmen

Benjen is also known by Theon and should have been recognized by him

yes. Arthur is supposed to be dead, but there's a theory he's alive and watches over Jon. I don't know wherebi stand on this one other than it would he awesome to have him somehow be alive (I have no textual evidence, so 95% not true :( )

Blackfish, Dagmar or Benjen could be hiding their face from him, I don't think he gets a clear look at the face. Blackfish and Benjen have a vested interest in the events at WF.

Howland Reed seems the most likely option IMO. He's a true Stark loyalists, and not for his own gain (cough, Manderly, cough). Plus, his kids were last seen there, so depending on if he's a greenseer or not (I'd wager high probility he is) he might think his kids are dead (if he's not a greenseer) or he knows Theon faked their deaths, hence his sparing Theon's life.

It could be that the Hooded Man is someone hired by Littlefinger to cause havoc in Winterfell and among the Northmen...Littlefinger wants Winterfell and Sansa as heiress of Winterfell...so it could well be that he tries to put some chaos among Roose Boltons men there.

Second possibility is some Manderley man.

Third likely possibility is some Brotherhood man...someone sent by UnCat.

It could be that the Hooded Man is someone hired by Littlefinger to cause havoc in Winterfell and among the Northmen...Littlefinger wants Winterfell and Sansa as heiress of Winterfell...so it could well be that he tries to put some chaos among Roose Boltons men there.

Second possibility is some Manderley man.

Third likely possibility is some Brotherhood man...someone sent by UnCat.

Ooh, good points. Really like #1. LF does thrive in chaos. Keep the North in upheaval and then drop Sansa in as savior once the really dangerous ones (Roose /Ramsey/ Stannis) kill each other off.

Maybe its Harwin son of Hullen? I remeber people throwing his name around.

Yeah, Harwin is also a non-crackpotty suggestion, in which I personally believe. I have a lengthy (yet simplistic :D) post about it, maybe I can dig it up if people are interested?

Archived