who is the hooded man in winterfell?

Muggle

I know the show is the show and the books are the books but it is assumed the Winterfell storyline of ADwD has major changes in the tv show.

In my understanding this leaves the following options for the tv show:

a) Theon Durden

b) Davos Seaworth

c) It is cut altogether because not relevant for the overall plot.

Implications for the books:

a) Theon Durden

b) Davos Seaworth (because we need a POV in Winterfell)

c) someone unimportant

Howland Reed

Arthur Dayne

Blackfish

Dagmar Cleftjaw

Benjen Stark

Funny u left out the most likely candidate Robett Glover. If u ever get a chance read the manifesto by cantuse it proposes a wildly different identity of the HM. It's out there but he defends his position so thoroughly it's hard not to entertain the possibility he is correct.

You know, you don't have to take my word for it that Little Walder's body is too cold for him to have been killed that morning. Here is a link that explains how quickly a body cools down after death:

http://www.exploreforensics.co.uk/estimating-the-time-of-death.html

Here is the link to the Wikipedia entry on how frost forms:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frost

If you read these articles and still think that Big Walder killed Little Walder that morning, then I give up. GRRM is giving two conflicting clues about Little Walder's death. One of these clues can be explained by the story Big Walder tells (finding Little Walder in a snowbank). The second clue can't be explained away by the story Big Walder tells (Little Walder disappearing the night before). Therefore, it is more reasonable to conclude that Little Walder was killed the night before.

Little Walder was killed that night. Although I can't seem to convince many people of this, but Little Walder's body was too cold to have been killed that morning, he had to have been killed the night before. If Big Walder was the one that killed Little Walder than he was wandering around Winterfell for hours covered in his cousin's blood without anyone noticing. The blood on Big Walder was from digging Little Walder out of the bloody snowbank. When the snow melted on Big Walder the blood was deposited on him.

You convinced me!

Archived