Character Progression: Who was your favourite character at the start, middle and now?

King of Winters

Really? So you never felt sorry for him when his hand was chopped off, or liked him a bit through ASOS-ADWD?

I didnt feel bad for his hand getting chopped off, quite deserved for pushing Bran out of a tower window . A hand for the use of your legs isnt a fair trade IMO Jaime still deserves worse but w/e. Afterwards his redemption got me though. Still havent forgiven him for that because he did try and murder one of my favorite characters but im giving him a chance.

The point that changed it for me was him denying Cerseis request to help her. Fist pump for Jaime.

The point that changed it for me was him denying Cerseis request to help her. Fist pump for Jaime.

Yeah, I was like "f*ck you Cersei! Jaime's his own man now!", when he did that.

First- Bran. A boy who loves to climb, but becomes crippled, manifesting dormant supernatural powers is awesome. In the middle his story is either too absent or too boring. At the end it is just plain wacky.

Middle- Jamie. A clear incestuous child-killing villain at the start, but his transformation throughout ASOS is so surprising and bad ass it's hard imagine anyone could pick another favorite middle character. Everything following that is bound to be a let down.

Last- Reek. Simply the most captivating and entertaining chapters in ADWD.

Steady interest in Jon, Tyrion and Arya throughout tho.

Really? So you never felt sorry for him when his hand was chopped off, or liked him a bit through ASOS-ADWD?

Obviously I like him better, and see him as a more rational being, but despite his redemption, I think the fact that he crippled/tried to kill a boy to hide the fact that he was fucking his crazy Sister/Queen looms in my head far too much to stop disliking him. I enjoy reading him but dislike him as a person. Plus he hates Ned and can't get over it.

Obviously I like him better, and see him as a more rational being, but despite his redemption, I think the fact that he crippled/tried to kill a boy to hide the fact that he was fucking his crazy Sister/Queen looms in my head far too much to stop disliking him. I enjoy reading him but dislike him as a person. Plus he hates Ned and can't get over it.

Well for most of the time he was being manipulated by Cersei, including when he pushed Bran. Not saying Cersei told him to push Bran, but if it wasn't for Cersei manipulating him like that, he wouldn't have turned into the pr*ck he was at the start of the series.

Okay, this is a very hard decision for me personally, so I narrowed it down to three people for each category and picked one from there.

Start: I narrowed the first one down to Jon Snow, Jon Snow and Jon Snow... This one was a hard choice but I think I'm sticking with my gut feeling of Jon Snow as the winner.

Middle: This one was even trickier for me. Eventually I picked three contenders for the middle spot: Jon Snow, Jon Snow and Jon Snow. I found it very hard to pick so I just did an "E-Knee, Me-Knee, My-Knee, Moe" to get the person Jon Snow as the winner.

Finally: I decided to pick three individuals which show commitment, leadership and above all honour. So the three I choose were Jon Snow, Jon Snow and Jon Snow. You will probably be surprised to know that I ended up picking Jon Snow as my final pick, but I think that I made the right decision by going with my instinct.

Well for most of the time he was being manipulated by Cersei, including when he pushed Bran. Not saying Cersei told him to push Bran, but if it wasn't for Cersei manipulating him like that, he wouldn't have turned into the pr*ck he was at the start of the series.

Cersei was thinking of scaring Bran into silence while Jaimes mind went straight out the window with Bran. However i do agree with you without Cersei Jaime would be a much better person. I still have to agree that i cant forgive Jaime for that horrible act..... Yet atleast. Strangling Cersei might change things. Vengeance for Lady :(

Really I think I could get over the Bran thing if he wasn't still so arrogant when he reminisces about the Ned. Plus stabbing Ned in the leg was as much as an overreaction as Catelyn arresting Tyrion, but obviously didn't turn out as horribly for him so it isn't criticized nearly enough.

Archived