Character Progression: Who was your favourite character at the start, middle and now?

King of Winters

Obviously I like him better, and see him as a more rational being, but despite his redemption, I think the fact that he crippled/tried to kill a boy to hide the fact that he was fucking his crazy Sister/Queen looms in my head far too much to stop disliking him. I enjoy reading him but dislike him as a person. Plus he hates Ned and can't get over it.

This. Is. Perfect.

Exactly how I feel about jaime

After getting a few of my friends to read the books, I keep hearing this complaint, among others, that Brans storyline is boring. It made me wonder if we were even reading the same book. He's not my favorite but his story is not boring by any means in my opinion. Glad to see that there's some love for Bran out there.

Start: Ned/Bran

Middle: Arya/Jon

End: Jaime/Theon/Bran/Sansa

guess im gravitating towards characters with an identity crisis :dunno:

Identity crisis/emotionally conflicted characters are the besttttt

After getting a few of my friends to read the books, I keep hearing this complaint, among others, that Brans storyline is boring. It made me wonder if we were even reading the same book. He's not my favorite but his story is not boring by any means in my opinion. Glad to see that there's some love for Bran out there.

I think his chapters are interesting. I reread ADWD Bran's chapters a week ago to see what I missed about magic, CH, the Others, the 3EC, CotF, etcetera. Since there were only three, I was kinda left wanting and asking for more. Why on seven hells Martin did not write at least five? I guess Bran's chapters are too revealing when it comes to things about the past, present, future, and so much more. I just hope he'll make it up in the next book.

I like and admire many characters, but if we are dealing in absolute favorites I'll go from Robb to Stannis to Aegon.

I believed in the Stark cause to avenge the death of Ned and I wanted so badly a Robb POV. When that cause was crushed, I supported Stannis because he is the rightful heir to the Iron throne and I admire his iron will to fight to the bitter end and his sense of Justice. But since he does not look like he is on the winning side and how he does not inspire much hope I moved to Aegon because he totally rocks the boat and changes the situation completely. I will be reading his story with great interest.

I can't settle for just three characters, so I'll list a few more instead. :P

I was a Stark man through and through at the beginning. My favorite characters were Ned and Jon, but I liked the other Starks a lot too. After Ned died, Robb took his place as my favorite Stark.

But then I read ACoK, and I became a StanStan. Stannis became one of my favorite characters, taking Robb's place. He solidified that position by going North in ASoS. Also, Davos, who I thought was the only decent and honorable man, took Ned's place.

As for now, my favorites are still Stannis and Jon. I loved their interaction at the Wall, which is one of my favorite plot points in the entire series. Davos and the Damphair deserve an honorable mention, they're pretty high up there too.

As for now, my favorites are still Stannis and Jon. I loved their interaction at the Wall, which is one of my favorite plot points in the entire series. Davos and the Damphair deserve an honorable mention, they're pretty high up there too.

I don't really see people saying they like him.

I don't really see people saying they like him.

Well, I do. :P

Yes, his chapters might be a bit slow, but the entirety of AFfC is slow. The Kingsmoot is one of my favorite events in the entire series, and I was really happy that we got to see it from his point of view, as well as Victarion's.

Yes, his chapters might be a bit slow, but the entirety of AFfC is slow. The Kingsmoot is one of my favorite events in the entire series, and I was really happy that we got to see it from his point of view, as well as Victarion's.

I'd have actually preferred it if the Kingsmoot was from Victarion's POV.

I'd have actually preferred it if the Kingsmoot was from Victarion's POV.

Technically, it was. The first half was shown from Victarion's perspective. That chapter ends after Euron makes his return to the Iron Islands, while Aeron's chapter ends with Euron's victroy at the Kingsmoot.

Technically, it was. The first half was shown from Victarion's perspective. That chapter ends after Euron makes his return to the Iron Islands, while Aeron's chapter ends with Euron's victroy at the Kingsmoot.

That bit when Euron is crowned, I think, would have been more interesting of it was from Victarion's point of view. But that's just me.

Archived