Character Progression: Who was your favourite character at the start, middle and now?

King of Winters

• 1 year later...

First Ned. (Obviously)

Then Tyrion. (Obviously)

Then it was still Tyrion, but only just beating Sansa and Davos.

Then finally, after Dance, it is Davos (Stannis, Theon and Sansa right after him though)

It's amazing how differently I thought of characters as the series progressed.

I was kind of sorry for Dany in Thrones, but I have hated her ever since.

I didn't bother to have feelings for Jaime in the first two books, the I reallly liked him in Storm. But I don't like him since Feast. ( Even though I see that almost everyone else still likes him. I liked all the parts with Cersei, but I hated the parts with Edmure and at Darry)

I really liked Tyrion till Dance where he turned into this crazy, insolent and weak Lannister.

I liked Theon just a little till he first betrayed Robb in Clash but in the same book, I started pitying him later on mainly because of how his family treated him.He became one of my favorite characters in Dance.

And Stannis, oh his was awesome. I watched seasons 1-3 in the TV series before I read the books, and we all know how they show him in the TV show. I hated him. The prologue in Clash only made me hate him more. But that all chamged in that other chapter in Clash, where he reveals to Davos that he didn't even know how Renly (who I liked at the time) died. This was a huge surprise for me because, watching the TV show, I thought he told Melisandre to kill Renly. He has been awesome since then.

A Game of Thrones- Ned. I like others too but I enjoyed Ned's character by far the most.

A Clash of Kings- Tyrion.

A Storm of Swords- Catelyn, Jaime, Jon, Tyrion

A Feast for Crows- Dunno probably Sansa, Littlefinger and Jaime. But I didn't enjoy this book's characters as much as the other books.

A Dance of Dragons- Jon Snow and Theon and Stannis.

My favorite characters now are really most of the above. I am finding it difficult to focus on just one name. I soured somewhat on Tyrion but I am still looking forward to his chapters. And Ned or Catelyn being dead (ok maybe undead for Catelyn) doesn't stop them from being among my favorites even now. Each book tends to add more favorite characters really.

AGOT: couldn't choose just one, but Ned, Dany, Tyrion and Arya, followed by Jon and Sam.

ACOK: I liked the same people, with Arya and Tyrion moving up in my liking, but Sansa and Sandor rapidly moved up and threatened to overtake them. Jamie and Asha first appeared on the radar.

ASOS: Sandor, Jamie and Sansa manage to get to the top; Dany gets some points. Arya, Tyrion etc. still holding on.

After AFFC and ADWD, same favorite characters, but Brienne manages to crack top 5 or 6 now. Tyrion still in top 7 though he's gone down. Biggest change is probably starting to sort of like Theon, who I couldn't stand in ACOK.

Archived