An unplanned song for Red Wedding 2.0 - The Rat Cook sung by Tom O Sevens

Lord Damian

Just like the Freys started playing the Reynes of Castamere at the Red Wedding, would it not be a ominous tone changer as the Lannisters and Freys get drunk and all of the sudden, Tom O Sevens starts playing "The Rat Cook". Most of them probably would never have heard it but as they listen to the words, have the room start to go silent as they look at each other wondering and whispering. Then, Uncat emerges up over the Balcony and calls them out before the slaughter of vengence begins. Look, I doubt it would happen but would it not be great if it did, the song I mean.

here is how i see it

the song plays either the rat cook or the reins of castamere or the wolf's song

then cat enters the hall hooded and starts walking towards the dais and then the slaughter begins and when she reaches the dais she pulls the hood down and says Robb Stark sends his regards then she stabs him

The Starks need their own song. But the 'Rat Cook' would fit nicely, especially with some more pies.

there was some one writing one i don't remember who it was about robb's victories

GRRM rarely gives us poetic justice. The Freys are just as likely to die at their own hands, the Boltons, too. Enjoy the BWB ambushing the occasional Frey parade while it lasts.

Personally, I think "Lem, let him go" "Go bugger yourself!" Is all the vengeance we're bound to see.

I'd say the opposite, GRRM gives us a lot of poetic justice for instance Tywin working so hard to improve his side by doing despicable things like the RW, only to be betrayed and killed by someone on his own side, What GRRM doesn't give us a lot of is direct vengeance, which is what people advocate when they say they want LS to do a red wedding 2.0

I'd say the opposite, GRRM gives us a lot of poetic justice for instance Tywin working so hard to improve his side by doing despicable things like the RW, only to be betrayed and killed by someone on his own side, What GRRM doesn't give us a lot of is direct vengeance, which is what people advocate when they say they want LS to do a red wedding 2.0

Semantics, then.

Don't see how a RW2 would be pulled off at Riverrun without the violation of all the same moral codes.. Not sure that the BwB or Tully loyalists want that on their hands. The BwB MO is to grant everyone a trial... I don't thinks he ambush happens during the wedding, more like as guests are departing.

But if it did happen, and was somehow morally ok, then I think the song of choice would be Dornishmans wife. It seems lacivios enough to arouse no suspicions at a wedding, but to me it basically is a song about a kamikaze mission. The singer knows he will die for it, but he did it anyway... The same will likely be the case for any ambush/RW2

Don't see how a RW2 would be pulled off at Riverrun without the violation of all the same moral codes.. Not sure that the BwB or Tully loyalists want that on their hands. The BwB MO is to grant everyone a trial... I don't thinks he ambush happens during the wedding, more like as guests are departing.

But if it did happen, and was somehow morally ok, then I think the song of choice would be Dornishmans wife. It seems lacivios enough to arouse no suspicions at a wedding, but to me it basically is a song about a kamikaze mission. The singer knows he will die for it, but he did it anyway... The same will likely be the case for any ambush/RW2

But the thing is guest right is from the host to te guests, as the name inplies. And the only likely occasion for RW2 is at Riverrun, which is now controlled by the Freys. Thus the most likely series of events would be the BwB infiltrating the city and preparing to Sally out and and overwhelm the Freys during the feasting, sort of a medieval Warsaw Uprising. If this happened the Freys recieve their due and the BwB avengers reclaim the city bit don't break guest right, since they are not the hosts.

"Wolf in the Night" should be on the setlist

You are not breaking guest right if you are not guest or host.

I like it, but I would also be glad if the Rains of Castamere should be played. It would be a great parallel... You now what's coming next...

Yes your right it would be a good parallel but wouldst it better to see the reactions to The North Remembers or The Wolf in The Night?

In my opinion that seems a bit cliche to play the same song but that's just me.

Yes your right it would be a good parallel but wouldst it better to see the reactions to The North Remembers or The Wolf in The Night?

In my opinion that seems a bit cliche to play the same song but that's just me.

Yeah, I'd like it if Wolf in the Night was played instead.

I like it, but I would also be glad if the Rains of Castamere should be played. It would be a great parallel... You now what's coming next...

That wouldn't be a good signal song in how this being a Lannister wedding it will probably be played about a couple dozen times during the feast.

Archived