Did Drogon kill/eat the Shepards Daughter?

direwienerdog

On my first read through the main thing that went through my mind was it seems odd that the dragon just managed to leave all the bones. Not a scrap of flesh was even mentioned. Not only did he leave the bones but he left no strips of meat or tendon, those are the kind of details Martin wouldn't fail to mention.

On my first read through the main thing that went through my mind was it seems odd that the dragon just managed to leave all the bones. Not a scrap of flesh was even mentioned. Not only did he leave the bones but he left no strips of meat or tendon, those are the kind of details Martin wouldn't fail to mention.

There was it seemed no real denial of the event. It was accepted too easily. It just seemed staged. I'm probably reading too much. Into it but.......?????

It's a plot by the Sons of Harpyi. And (one of) Dany's mistakes was to imprison the dragons after that, no matter if the shepherd spoke truly or not. After just one accusation of a slaughter.

I wondered many times during ADWD what is happening with the dragons, why we are not told about those, and if she is training them or not. I hoped she was and that we just were not told about it. Or how she thinks she's gonna be able to control those otherwise.

But we know how she made other incomprehensible things as well. Like how she thought Hizdahr's gonna stop the killing if he wasn't one of them? She should have imprisoned Hizdahr instead of dragons in the first place... But that belongs propably to another thread.

I don't get why it is so hard to believe a creature which instinctively hunts and kills to live could kill and eat a helpless little child.

Are we sticking with typical fantasy lore? If so dragons are more intelligent than humans in most cases. If not then why is there no mention before of the dragons in this series running off on some human munchie campaign? This series doesn't offer any free grazing dragons IIRC.

Are we sticking with typical fantasy lore? If so dragons are more intelligent than humans in most cases. If not then why is there no mention before of the dragons in this series running off on some human munchie campaign? This series doesn't offer any free grazing dragons IIRC.

GRRM has said his dragons have the intelligence of a Dog.This isn't Elder Scrolls or Middle Earth.

I think it could be the work of the Harpy's sons. They killed burned his daughter and are keeping his living children. His devastation would be real at least. And it had the desired affect on dany.

Also dany's dragons never preyed on humans before that. Drogon did eat the boar fighter woman, but he didn't kill her. It seems weird because its an isolated incident, and why didn't dragon carry her off if she was so small?

my thought too viseion and rhaegal killed only one person after quentyn released them.

I just find myself asking how a huge dragon doesn't just crunch up the bones. Why would they be roasted,the flesh would be not the bones. Did he sit and eat the girl with a knife and fork and roast the bones when he was done?

my thoughts exalclt dron would have left an arm or the ribcage but a whole skeleton unscathed? somethings rotten in slavers bay IMHO

I don't get why it is so hard to believe a creature which instinctively hunts and kills to live could kill and eat a helpless little child.

because sheep are easier prey and have more meat on them

because sheep are easier prey and have more meat on them

A girl amidst a heard of sheep wouldn't look much different to a predator and don't forget to take into account these are animals that haven't developed that healthy fear of human beings like the ones on our planet have.

GRRM has said his dragons have the intelligence of a Dog.This isn't Elder Scrolls or Middle Earth.

Dogs are quite smart outside of video games. I had one that would sit, dig(it would even trade off with me when I put down the shovel, he would go right to the hole and dig until I got done resting), beg, stay, speak, and attack. I may be wrong but I think there are even dogs who search and rescue us poor simple humans.

Dogs are quite smart outside of video games. I had one that would sit, dig(it would even trade off with me when I put down the shovel, he would go right to the hole and dig until I got done resting), beg, stay, speak, and attack. I may be wrong but I think there are even dogs who search and rescue us poor simple humans.

Yes,But untrained/neglected Dogs rediscover their hunting instincts pretty quickly too.

Dany was super stressed about the fighting and dying. I submit Drogon has a mental bond with Dany.

I it was only the blood and noise he might have attacked a butcher by now.

Dany was stressesd, so Drogon came and ate a boar and a human fighter...

The dragons have been hunting for thier prey, why would they show up to a butcher's shop, and how can you compare the sound of the fighting pits with 20,000 people shouting, to the sounds of a butchery? The dragons prefered to hund outside of the city so far, instead of raiding very close butcherys. They prefer to hunt, and the sound of the pits attracted Drogon.

By the end of ADWD the three dragons are responsible for hundreds of deaths between them. What would be the point in the narrative of the report of the little girl's death being false?

To have them shackled and imprisoned. And that is exactly what happened. Dany's enemies know of her compassion for the unprotected. The only way to protect people especially small helpless little girls is to keep the dragons locked away.

When she shows Qentyn the dragons for the first time, she even likens the echo of her own voice to a small girls.

The deaths mostly occur after the dragons are first attacked by crossbow men after Quentyn's foolhardy attempt to tame one.

To have them shackled and imprisoned. And that is exactly what happened. Santana enemies know of her compassion for the unprotected. The only way to protect people especially small helpless little girls is to keep the dragons locked away.

and get the dragons ssomewhere where killing is easier than in the open

To have them shackled and imprisoned. And that is exactly what happened. Santana enemies know of her compassion for the unprotected. The only way to protect people especially small helpless little girls is to keep the dragons locked away.

To have them shackled and imprisoned. And that is exactly what happened. Dany's enemies know of her compassion for the unprotected. The only way to protect people especially small helpless little girls is to keep the dragons locked away.

When she shows Qentyn the dragons for the first time, she even likens the echo of her own voice to a small girls.

The deaths mostly occur after the dragons are first attacked by crossbow men after Quentyn's foolhardy attempt to tame one.

Yes Dragons are cute little puppies who only nibble on you with toothless gums.

Of course its a plot. How dare you say the dragon would kill a child, it never killed a child before so it cant do it now. There are no innocent childrens fathers in Essos. Its a plot of those evil evil essosi people who want to hurt Dany because she is pretty. But she will ultimately win by saing "dracarys!" and everything will be fine again.

Tastes like chicken, it is known.

Nah, tastes like pork.

Of course its a plot. How dare you say the dragon would kill a child, it never killed a child before so it cant do it now. There are no innocent childrens fathers in Essos. Its a plot of those evil evil essosi people who want to hurt Dany because she is pretty. But she will ultimately win by saing "dracarys!" and everything will be fine again.

Don't forget the little Sothorosi girl called Missandei, she is behind every plot. She wants to steal the three dragons to become the Empress of the Known World and Beyond.

Archived