What is Your Most Crackpot Theory v5

Rhaegar was not the angel everyone thinks...he was as mad as the rest of them and convinced he was Azor Ahai Reborn.

Selmy to Dany;

As a young boy, the Prince of Dragonstone was bookish to a fault. He was reading so early that men said Queen Rhaella must have swallowed some books and a candle whilst he was in her womb. Rhaegar took no interest in the play of other children. The maesters were awed by his wits, but his father’s knights would jest sourly that Baelor the Blessed had been born again. Until one day Prince Rhaegar found something in his scrolls that changed him. No one knows what it might have been, only that the boy suddenly appeared early one morning in the yard as the knights were donning their steel. He walked up to Ser Willem Darry, the master-at-arms, and said, 'I will require a sword and armor. It seems I must be a warrior.

Jon IS a Stark, but not Neds...he is Brandon and Ashara Dayne's son. He is The Prince That Was Promised...Ashara, Lyanna and Howland Reed knew this. Lyanna killed herself to stop Rhaegar plunging his sword through her heart, this was the secret Ned had to keep.

The Daynes are an off-shoot of the Targs, and with Jon being a Stark + Targ he is the most likely to sit the Iron Throne at the end.

Howland didn't save Ned from being killed by Arthur Dayne in a physical way, he talked him out of it by telling him of the prophecies. Ser Arthur is not dead - he's GRRMs Sir Camaris, Ashara is not dead either - she's in the background working against Melisandre (two factions; TPTWP vs AAR). Both will make themselves know to Jon when the time is right.

Lastly, Coldhands is Brandon Stark - the scarf covering his neck hdes the leather strap, and the the rattly voice is a result of being strangled.

There were a lot of lies and cover-ups at the end of Robert's Rebellion.

• 1 month later...

The Others are in fact aliens from another planet.

Their world is gradually dying so they landed on Westeros and in the Land of Always Winter, because it was

the only place that had the right temperature for them to survive.

Their aim is to terraform Westeros and the rest of the world, so that everything will be covered in snow.

Once winter comes it will be forever.

The Maesters of course know that because they are servants of the Others.

You think that Pycelle was loyal to the Lannisters?

Wrong. He was loyal to the Others and he knew the threat that the Targaryens posed.

He sided with the Lannisters, only to ensure that they would turn against the Targaryens.

And the dragons died because the Maesters poisoned them.

And they are responsible for the limited influence that the Alchemists have in Westeros.

Roose Bolton is the only character to survive the series. As Stannis's army marches on Winterfell, the Great Northern Conspiracy people start acting up, and the Others invade, Roose has an epiphany: better call Saul! He sends a raven to Saul Goodman, attorney-at-law, and through one of his contacts, Saul is able to remove Roose from Planetos and set him up with a new life and a new identity.

Thus, Roose escapes the Icezombie Apocalypse fate of Planetos and lives happily ever after.

Without any particulary reason, I believe Melisandre is dead. Dead, dead, dead. Died a long time ago. And remembering the small council discussion about how to kill a dead man (burn them), it might get a little tricky to get rid of her.

This is actually a crackpot theory that I pretty much agree with.

The problem with Maesters is that we have a limited view on their motives.

Cressen was a PON character but only in prologue, Pate was just an novice.

Sam just arrived in the Citadel and hopefully we will discover more about the Maesters and their plans

in the next books.

Somehow, even if Lady Dustin was bitter about the Tully marriage and she is obviously biased against the maesters,

I can't help thinking that she had a point when she explained her mistrust of the maesters and their true intentions

Every great lord has his maester, every lesser lord aspires to one. If you do not have a maester, it is taken to mean that you are of little consequence. The grey rats read and write our letters, even for such lords as cannot read themselves, and who can say for a certainty that they are not twisting the words for their own ends? What good are they, I ask you?"

"They heal," said Theon. It seemed to be expected of him.

"They heal, yes. I never said they were not subtle. They tend to us when we are sick and injured, or distraught over the illness of a parent or a child. Whenever we are weakest and most vulnerable, there they are. Sometimes they heal us, and we are duly grateful. When they fail, they console us in our grief, and we are grateful for that as well. Out of gratitude we give them a place beneath our roof and make them privy to all our shames and secrets, a part of every council. And before too long, the ruler has become the ruled.

I think that the maesters are something more than mere healers and a status symbol.

As far as the alchemists are concerned, I believe that their connection with Aerys and his paranoia harmed them more than anything. I still think that the Maesters regard them as rivals.

New one: the Prince of Dorne has to bestow the Sword of the Morning title and Dawn upon the next Dayne. The only reason Darkstar is not SotM is because Doran doesn't trust him, so even though he's proven himself worthy (noted by Doran's assessment that he's the most dangerous man in Dorne), Doran refuses to give him the title or sword. That's why he took on the name Darkstar, because he is stuck in the night until Doran bestows upon him Dawn.

:)

Without any particulary reason, I believe Melisandre is dead. Dead, dead, dead. Died a long time ago. And remembering the small council discussion about how to kill a dead man (burn them), it might get a little tricky to get rid of her.

I've seen that being stated in several threads lately and I'm confused... :rolleyes:

I've seen that being stated in several threads lately and I'm confused... :rolleyes:

really :lol:

I don't know, it's just that stupid feeling. Perhaps she showing too less signs of beeing alive.

In her POVs she reminds herself of eating and drinking when in company, because people could realise, that she doesn't need to drink and eat (because all she needs is fire and her Rhaallalalala God)

Also in her POVs, no sleep at all, not me, Melony Lot 7 only needs to stare at the fire all night.

Almost like Ser Robert Strong. Just without the creepy head-or-no-head question, but glamours and rubies.

Perhaps it's just I did never like her and want her to be something horrible :D

Vary's little birds are his own half-demon children. His manhood lives on outside his body in the demonic dimension, and demons use it to empregnate themselves. Though seriously disliking magic, he captures, tortures and binds sorcerers to do his bidding and help deliver his demon-children back into the RL dimension.

really :lol:

I don't know, it's just that stupid feeling. Perhaps she showing too less signs of beeing alive.

In her POVs she reminds herself of eating and drinking when in company, because people could realise, that she doesn't need to drink and eat (because all she needs is fire and her Rhaallalalala God)

Also in her POVs, no sleep at all, not me, Melony Lot 7 only needs to stare at the fire all night.

Almost like Ser Robert Strong. Just without the creepy head-or-no-head question, but glamours and rubies.

Perhaps it's just I did never like her and want her to be something horrible :D

:lmao:

Yeah. Well, I like Melisandre but had never thought of that before. And now I think I believe it. There lies my confusion.

My most crackpot theory is that Ashara Dayne was brought to court by Elia to be Rhaegar's paramour so Elia could justify having a lover herself. Ashara was not too happy about this at the start so used Brandon as a shoulder to cry on at Harrenhall. This plus Rhaegar crowning Lyanna meant that Brandon thought Rhaegar was completely dishonourable so when Lyanna went missing he decided he had to deal with Rhaegar himself.

Ok I have a new crackpot-pet... Or at least it´s new to me. There were probably several others that already had this idea ;).

The others awakened through the killing of Brandon and Rickard Stark in Kings Landing. This would imply that the Others were somehow part of a pact between the starks and probably the cotf...

I would love it, if the starks are actually not as good as everybody seems to think (even the starks themself...)

GRRM has a third nipple.. The way the unsullied has his nipple cut off, all the mention of how useless nipples are on breastplates. It seems he really dislikes nipples, but why? Obviously because he has not 2, but 3 himself. He see's it as a negative thing and it makes him angry, and he's projecting his feelings into the books.

Howland Reed warged into arthur dayne right as Dawn cut into howlands neck, killing him, so Howland had to live on forever as Arthur Dayne. hiding in Greywater Watch since the ToJ where no one would notice, taking ashara with him as his wife. shes been having sex with her brothers body but howlands mind.

Archived