How Valaryia got destroyed.

I just realized how much Valaryia has in common with the Roman Empire.

1. Latin was an Italian language that is now extinct and only used for studying and mostly scholars use it and other languages formed from it. Valaryian is an extinct language also used for studying however people in Essos still speak it but it is not the original High valaryian.

2. Roman Empire conquered most of Europe, Valaryian empire conquered most of Essos.

3. Roman culture was spread through most of Europe. Valaryian culture spread through most of the free cities.

The Roman Empire elected rulers and that eventually brought their downfall since there was no royal family other major houses ursurped the title leading to many civil laws. I was wondering maybe Valaryia used the same form of ruling since it is used in Pentos and free cities get their culture origins from valaryia, and maybe the Valaryian's demise came over a civil war where they had their own dance of dragons but this time with about 500 dragons or more causing the doom of Valaryia. Anyone have anything thing else to share? I am really interested in how Valaryia fell and I don't think it was the faceless men. Maybe it was the bravosi slaves working for the valyrians and used the firewyrms in the 14 fires against the valyrians

Also about the firewyrms they were in the 14 fires aswell and could grow as large as dragons but couldn't fly.

Most people seem to think it was destroyed by volcanic activity. We know there were supposed to be at least 14 active volcanoes in Valyria.

Yea they said 14 fires, what if those fires were caused by dragons, dragons never stop growing so i am guessing the valaryian dragons were bigger than balerion

Yea they said 14 fires, what if those fires were caused by dragons, dragons never stop growing so i am guessing the valaryian dragons were bigger than balerion

I think the description in the books is fairly clear:

the Fourteen Flames were living mountains with veins of molten rock and hearts of

fire.

When the Doom came to Valyria the Isle of Cedars was hit by a giant wave and its cities destroyed. Volcanic eruptions can cause tsunamis, dragon fire cannot.

We don't know what else magic the valyrians could do with dragons, our only evidence is Dany's dragons, and also if house targaryen was a minor house and had 5 dragons the major houses in valaryia probably had more and I think enough heat on the ground can cause a force on the seas. Also the volcanic disasters could of been caused by dragons.

But none of the characters in the books were actually there and GRRM said his POV's could be biased based on the character.

True. Still I don't think the Kindly Man is mistaken in this case. We're not talking about some story from the age of heroes that is probably half bullshit. Valyria was still around 400ish years ago it hasn't totally fallen into legend.

a civil war causing this is out of the question,since a civil war would not prevent people from popularizing the country again

my own little pet theory is, that they tried to gain more power through necromancy and magic, to assert their dominance over the whole of essos,

something like Summerhall ,only much bigger,which caused every volcano to erupt violently and basically got punished for reaching higher than humans should

a civil war causing this is out of the question,since a civil war would not prevent people from popularizing the country again

my own little pet theory is, that they tried to gain more power through necromancy and magic, to assert their dominance over the whole of essos,

something like Summerhall ,only much bigger,which caused every volcano to erupt violently and basically got punished for reaching higher than humans should

I believe in your pet theory but i think it was dragon related since dragons were discovered in the 14 fires. And also I didn't understand your first sentence.

True. Still I don't think the Kindly Man is mistaken in this case. We're not talking about some story from the age of heroes that is probably half bullshit. Valyria was still around 400ish years ago it hasn't totally fallen into legend.

I do believe the doom was caused by the 14 fires but I believe it was dragon related since they were discovered in the 14 fires.

I believe in your pet theory but i think it was dragon related since dragons were discovered in the 14 fires. And also I didn't understand your first sentence.

if the reason behind the doom was civil war , then people would simply repopulate Valyria after everyone killed each other, the land wouldn't be a smoking ruin

just a land without people

and i agree with you about the dragons, that's what summerhall was about after all

if the reason behind the doom was civil war , then people would simply repopulate Valyria after everyone killed each other, the land wouldn't be a smoking ruin

just a land without people

and i agree with you about the dragons, that's what summerhall was about after all

I meant a civil war with magic that could of been extremely powerful magic that killed themselves and the land.

I just realized how much Valaryia has in common with the Roman Empire.

1. Latin was an Italian language that is now extinct and only used for studying and mostly scholars use it and other languages formed from it. Valaryian is an extinct language also used for studying however people in Essos still speak it but it is not the original High valaryian.

2. Roman Empire conquered most of Europe, Valaryian empire conquered most of Essos.

3. Roman culture was spread through most of Europe. Valaryian culture spread through most of the free cities.

The Roman Empire elected rulers and that eventually brought their downfall since there was no royal family other major houses ursurped the title leading to many civil laws. I was wondering maybe Valaryia used the same form of ruling since it is used in Pentos and free cities get their culture origins from valaryia, and maybe the Valaryian's demise came over a civil war where they had their own dance of dragons but this time with about 500 dragons or more causing the doom of Valaryia. Anyone have anything thing else to share? I am really interested in how Valaryia fell and I don't think it was the faceless men. Maybe it was the bravosi slaves working for the valyrians and used the firewyrms in the 14 fires against the valyrians

Also about the firewyrms they were in the 14 fires aswell and could grow as large as dragons but couldn't fly.

Forgot to add I think the events at Hardhome were also caused by firewyrms and the same thing happened to valaryia as revenge from the slaves, maybe it wasnt a civil war but the slaves against the valaryians.

Archived