Theories -- Aegon Targ isn't who he says he is

Michael Gonen

If Ned had slept with Ashara he would have married her. Robb's honour was likes Ned's. Robb slept with Jayne and married her. He did the honourable thing.

Ashara was "dishonored" and she turned to a Stark. The only person who could have dishonored her and got away with it was Aerys. Ser Arthur, who was there would have killed him, except the King. Brandon was wild, but he was about to get married. He really only loved that woman that hates Ned.

As someone mentioned above the children taking on the mothers hair theory is ruined by Arya, plus Ashara had dark hair.

If Ashara did have a daughter to Aerys, she could only be Daenerys. But that is a stretch. Most like, the child died. If she had a son he could have been swapped for the real Aegon.

In summary, Aegon is a Blackfyre or similar or the real deal.

I'll add my 2 cents:

-on Ashara:

I had the same idea as well. The Targaryen looks are apparently a recessive gene (Baelor Breakspear anyone?) and are running in the Dayne family (Darkstar), so Ashara could have a child with silver blonde hair and purple eyes.

If Ashara had a with Targaryen looks, it would make sense for her to be afraid for said child. Remember that Ned saw what happened to Rhaegar's children. Ashara was one of Elia's companions, so she was in close proximity to either Rhaegar or Aerys (or both) during the time of conception.

Let's take a look at the father of this hypothetical child:

Ser Barristan thinks about Ashara and that she was dishonored and turned to a Stark. He didn't say that she was dishonored by a Stark.

My theory is, that Aerys raped Ashara. We know she was extremely beautiful and well... do I need to say more about Aerys? Just think about Rhaella and you'll see where I'm coming from. She then fled KL.

Ned arrives at Starfall after the events of the ToJ (and the sack of KL obviously). He is afraid of what might happen to the child and Ashara and they decide to fake her death and for Ashara to leave Westeros.

2) Gendry

He's not AAR, the prophecy in the HotU was about Stannis. He has blue eyes, drew a glowing sword from the fire and 'gave' his shadow to Melisandre for her shadow babies.

3) Varys = KM

I don't think Varys is a FM. Every disguise he uses are mummer's tricks. He uses fake beards, costumes and odors as do mummer's. We never see him work a glamor or take someones face. I don't know how you can see it as established, that he is a FM. Oo

On Arya being recruited by the FM I agree. Jaqen knew her name when he gave her the coin although she never told him her name. So did the KM. Both of them knew she was Arya of house Stark.

On Arya being recruited by the FM I agree. Jaqen knew her name when he gave her the coin although she never told him her name. So did the KM. Both of them knew she was Arya of house Stark.

I'm not disagreeing with you with regards to Arya being recruited. She obviously was when the coin was given to her. I disagree that the FM set out to specifically monitor and recruit her. It wasn't hard for Jaqen to figure out who Arya was. Errant Bard wrote this post a few days ago and it's useful to show just how much information Arya gave away:

What the text shows us Jaqen witnesses from his wagon then in Harrenhal (keep in mind FM can distinguish lies from truth, too):

• Arya wasn't part of Yoren's band initially, and came just after Ned was decapitated.
  • Arya knows waterdancing (a skill taught to nobles, not to rabble, in Westeros)
  • Arya owns a castle-forged sword that her brother gave her.
  • Arya thinks the Queen is after her... and Yoren confirms it by sending her away.
  • Arya shouts "Winterfell" during the fight with Lorch.
  • Arya was a girl disguising her identity all along.
  • Arya asks him to go to Riverrun
  • Arya is angry at the old gods because one who prayed to them all the time was not saved (in HH godswood)
  • Arya took "Arry" as a fake name

What dumbass doesn't do the link with the escaped daughter of the hand of the king, whom the Lannister are looking for still? (Note that even Gendry, not the sharpest knife in the drawer, noticed she was a girl after a few days, and he's not a FM trained for spying either)

Arya also told the Kindly Man her name. Faceless Men are trained to distinguish lies from the truth. Though, considering he said that "Arry" was close to the truth, it may be that Jaqen had already told him who he had given a coin to. He did tell Arya that he was going across the sea when he left her.

>>>Aegon "Targaryen" is the illegitimate child of Eddard Stark and Ashara Dayne ("Septa Lemore"), conceived at the Tournament at Harrenhall in the year of the false spring.<<<

I believe that Ashara is dead and
Black or red, a dragon is still a dragon
so a Blackfyre not a Stark Dayne offspring

>>> Gendry is Azor Ahai <<<

Gendry doesn't come from Aerys's and Rhaella's line

• 2 weeks later...

Archived