Which Direwolf will survive the Song of Ice and Fire?

The Prince of Ice

IMHO, Ghost has the best shot at survival in part because (so far) he's in a limited albeit dangerous environment. Summer will survive because of Bran and because of his name. Summer is coming, even if only after the dream of spring. Shaggydog may survive but is probably more dog-like than wolf-like--after all, Rickon is the true pup of the family and their relationship will most likely always be a bit child-like. I fear for Nymeria. Like Arya, she's out there battling the enemy and will become a more vulnerable target. After the exhilaration of leading her own pack and warring against humans, she can't return to being a pet. Maybe she'll go north of the wall eventually to evade 'civilisation'.

Ghost- He might need to be sacrificed for Jon to get his body back. Also, if Jon gets a dragon (seems likely) then it could be to replace Ghost. Ghost symbolises (the boy) Jon Snow/Stark while a dragon (the man) symbolises AA and someone with Targaryen blood.

Nymeria- She's gone rogue and as someone said before I cant see her terror being allowed to continue for long. I suspect she'll die before reuniting with Arya or she'll die with Arya.

Summer- Seems to have a good chance of surviving and if Bran becomes a tree ( :bang: ) then Summer may live until an old age.

Shaggydog- I can't see him dying, he's Rickon's constant companion and I can't see Rickon dying.

P.S. I won't react well to Ghost dying at all! Screw the Dragons just don't kill another Direwolf GRRM! :bawl:

Archived