US Politics: What it Takes (is sabotage)

lokisnow

I didn't call you a racist, I said you have a racial slur in your sig. Is that untrue?

Schematics, and no it's not true. The Hail to the Redskins song is about pride. The name of the team is about pride.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/05/29/retired-native-american-chief-would-be-offended-if-redskins-did-change-name/

Educate yourself.

Schematics, and no it's not true. The Hail to the Redskins song is about pride. The name of the team is about pride.

Do you mean to say "semantics"?

Oh, well, my sig is about pride.

Heritage not hate!

I'm sorry to tell you, though, that "Redskin" is indeed a racial slur. You wishing it were otherwise does not change it. Might want to consider that, otherwise people will think you're racist.

ETA: The link is sad. That one retired guy speaks for all Native Americans? Do you realize what a tokenist and racist way of thinking that is?

I don't think that they are scared away but that they realize that debating the opposition is a waste of time. I knew that it wouldn't take long for me to be called a racist and I was right. I was also called a puppy murder. Stay classy my friends.

Your first post in this thread today was to insult about half of the country, and quite a few of this thread's regulars.

It doesn't take a genius to expect to have shoveled back what your started dishing out before even trying to have a conversation. If all you have to offer is insults and whining when you're insulted back, you're going to have a bad time.

well yeah, haven't you been watching Undercover Boss the last couple years?

in other news, Janet Yellen is easily the most qualified person to run the fed, as seeing this headline while at starbucks today said: http://online.wsj.co...3540135700.html

The article said that Yellen is by far the most accurate economic forecaster of all major forecasters. It also asserted that the economic doves (which includes Yellen) have been most accurate. The economic hawks--particularly those who freaked out, declaring that inflation and hyper-inflation were nigh, that inflation was going to attack like a scourge of locusts, well these doomsayers were absurdly, ridiculously, hilariously and absolutely consistently wrong about the economy just about every way you could measure. (the preceding paragraph has some hyperbolic editorializing as I can't quote the paywalled article and I'm basically just riffing off memory and adding in a bunch of castigation).

If Obama passes over Yellen for Summers it will be a pretty hardcore enforcement of the glass ceiling.

It's possible he just wants a cleaner break from Bernanke's policies

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2013/07/29/summers_federal_reserve_how_to_save_his_nomination.html

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm annoyed with Weiner because I liked his politics and he's gone and fucked up his own career.

Agreed on that. Keep your dick pics on your own computer, it's not hard.

I was hopeful he'd provide good congressing and hilarious puns for years to come.

I'm not sure what Sarah Palin has done at Fox to lose their favor, but she's done something as evidenced by the fact that freaking Fox & Friends fact-checked one of her latest idiotic doesn't-exist-in-reality statements.

“I’m not sure that the numbers support that,” host Alisyn Camerota said over the weekend discussing a claim Palin made that the media was complicit in covering up the recent scandals that have plagued the Obama administration.

http://washington.cb...id-change-name/

Educate yourself.

Bullshit, redskins is a slur pure and simple. Just think about how it would sound if it was the Washington DC (XXXXX)'s where XXXXX is your favorite racial slur. Ya I didnt think so.

I'm not sure what Sarah Palin has done at Fox to lose their favor, but she's done something as evidenced by the fact that freaking Fox & Friends fact-checked one of her latest idiotic doesn't-exist-in-reality statements.

Yeah, reading this and a few other moves, you could see the point a few months ago where Ailes had decided that Palin was on the shit list. It's been that way for a while. She lost her paid contributor gig a while ago.

Bullshit, redskins is a slur pure and simple. Just think about how it would sound if it was the Washington DC (XXXXX)'s where XXXXX is your favorite racial slur. Ya I didnt think so.

Not really simple when in comes to one of the oldest and best known sports franchises in the country. As much as I can see the abstract wrong in the use of the word, the reality is that the vast majority don't object to it because of its long history and the fact that it isn't being used in an intentionally derogatory way by the organization or its adherents. I think it's comparable to the use of "under god" in the pledge of allegiance. The critics of that phrase probably have a point IMO but there's a heavy majority feeling of indifference about it.

Archived