Targaryens really have the blood of a dragon?

Nami

I'm almost fairly certain it refers to "the blood of old Valyria" or "the blood of dragontamers"

To use a non-ASOIAF reference - I read it a bit like "Dovahkiin" (sp?) in Skyrim - you're not really Dragon Kin

I don't think so, but Ran suggested that Targaryens in Valyria may have copulated with their dragons...

You got a link? Aren't dragons supposed to be neither male or female?

You got a link? Aren't dragons supposed to be neither male or female?

Dragons are neither male nor female, Barth saw the truth of that, but now one and now the other, as changeable as flame. The language misled us all for a thousand years.

This suggests that a dragon can be male or female, it's just that they can change their sex, somewhat like the real life sequential hermaphroditism.

Yeah I was kind of freaked out when he said that.

haha, rightfully so it's quite an image. Lemme know if you happen across the link. There's not some kinda "so spake Ran" thread is there?

I don't think so, but Ran suggested that Targaryens in Valyria may have copulated with their dragons...

That's disgusting.

I thought they probably performed some type of blood magic based on fire, much like the Starks did with ice to gain their powers, not actually having the blood of a dragon.

Juz thinkin' about it, I hardly imagine how it works.

“You’ll have to work at it every day.” He put the sword in her hands, showed her how to hold it, and stepped back. “How does it feel? Do you like the balance?”

“I think so,” Arya said.

“First lesson,” Jon said. “Stick them with the pointy end.”

It had to be said :leaving:

:lol: Yeah but you know, Targaryens are not immune to fire and dragons are fire made flesh.

Well we don't have any evidence that those Targs survived :P

We also know that Targs tried to drink wildfire - look how well that worked out :wideeyed:

I have to believe that even dragons appreciate a little foreplay.

:lmao:

Archived