Targaryens really have the blood of a dragon?

Nami

but it will probably melt and stuff

Well we don't have any evidence that those Targs survived :P

We also know that Targs tried to drink wildfire - look how well that worked out :wideeyed:

:)

Also so the thread doesn't get locked for off-topic: it's an interesting take on the house sigil certainly. I remember the Lannisters/Starks referring to themselves as "lions" or "wolves" but only the Targs seem to actually call themselves the "blood of [insert house animal here]"

Also so the thread doesn't get locked for off-topic: it's an interesting take on the house sigil certainly. I remember the Lannisters/Starks referring to themselves as "lions" or "wolves" but only the Targs seem to actually call themselves the "blood of [insert house animal here]"

Rickard Stark used to say that Brandon and Lyanna had the wolf's blood. Ned tells it to Arya qhen he finds out about Needle.

Also, I think Targaryens perfomed blood rituals to bond with their dragons. There has been speculations that they didn't use horns like the one Euron found.

So, the Targaryens might have had their blood kind of mixed with the blood of dragons, but through magic and not mating. Some say the Starks didi the same with White Walkers.

This is the link: http://asoiaf.wester...80#entry4073367

ETA: It wasn't in a R+L=J thread, my mistake.

Thanks. I don't know how much Ran knows, clearly more than us, but still I wouldn't make the leap to dragon-fucking. I know at least in the real world bestiality has never resulted in offspring. Even among similar animals who can produce offspring, those offspring are almost always sterile. I know, there's magic. But I'd guess that if that "something odd" that was going on is ever described by Martin it won't involve inter-species banging.

To borrow an observation from Skyrim, I wonder if the Ma or the Pa was the dragon. The... logistics would be interesting to say the least whatever the case.

It's honestly not much more crazy than drinking Wildfire or walking into a pyre because the visions told you to.

It's honestly not much more crazy than drinking Wildfire or walking into a pyre because the visions told you to.

It's not even the theory of it that bothers me so much as the logistics of it.

I do think that Targaryens have blood of the dragon. "The dragon" being, imo, Azor Ahai - from whom all the dragonlords of Valyria are descended, I think. At least according to my theory of everything.

That was an interesting read :eek:

It's not even the theory of it that bothers me so much as the logistics of it.

I should imagine it wouldn't be too much harder than usual provided you could find a willing dragon. Whether or not you could survive the endeavor is another question altogether ...

That was an interesting read :eek:

I should imagine it wouldn't be too much harder than usual provided you could find a willing dragon. Whether or not you could survive the endeavor is another question altogether ...

What about issues of scale? Supposedly you could ride a mammoth down Balerion's throat. I'd assume "hotdog down a hallway" doesn't even come close to covering it.

Wow, two pages in and nary a FUS RO DAH joke to be found...

Jon Snow is totally the Dovahkiin - decended from dragons AND the ASOIAF Nord equivalent.

What about issues of scale? Supposedly you could ride a mammoth down Balerion's throat. I'd assume "hotdog down a hallway" doesn't even come close to covering it.

Hm. I guess we'd have to know more about the schematics of a dragon in its female form ... *perish that thought*

A lot of species fertilize their eggs after they've been laid. Dragons could be similar. In that case the proud Targaryen father would only need a hand and a swimsuit edition.

A lot of species fertilize their eggs after they've been laid. Dragons could be similar. In that case the proud Targaryen father would only need a hand and a swimsuit edition.

But the term used was "copulate" not "procreate" ...

cop·u·late

Verb

Have sexual intercourse.

Archived