What is Eurons weakness?

total1402

1) he's delusional

2) he thinks he can conquer regions that are 100x stronger than him

3) he's dumb enough to think Dany would give him her dragons just because she's a woman

4) he's invading castles he can't sustain; that's going to come back to bite him

5) he's overachieving his limits without thinking logically

6) he has no allies

7) the IB have the weakest military strength and they're the poorest

8) his whole goal is dependent on a magic horn

9) he lacks the ability to think long term

10) he can't control his men. If they realise he's not giving them nice, shiny things all hell would break loose

:agree:

Euron is a very interesting character, his plan isn't really that bad tbh, the Ironborn can only be defeated in the traditional sense by a naval battle, until they are defeated in a naval battle they are untouchable,

Actually they aren't untouchable. Euron's invading castles he can't sustain and is currently under the ludicrous idea that he can invade whole kingdoms.

The IB are poor, ill equipped, badly trained, have no allies and their strength only comes from the sea. The minute they try and move onto land, they've list

Euron has something up his sleeve, Moqqoros' prediction only adds to the fact he'll be a huge player soon.

What prediction is that exactly?

How is he a potential major player? Even a kid could tell you that a culture reliant soley on their navy can't sustain castles so far on land and can't fight off regions 100x stronger than them.

I honestly can't see how a man who lacks the ability to think logically can become a major player

The IB are poor, ill equipped, badly trained, have no allies and their strength only comes from the sea. The minute they try and move onto land, they've list

I'd like to see you offer some substantiation to claims that the IB are ill equipped or indeed badly trained.

I'd like to see you offer some substantiation to claims that the IB are ill equipped or indeed badly trained.

I meant these men are I'll equipped to invade stronger regions and they're ill trained so they can't sustain castles they invade because that's not what IB do.

The thing is we can't judge Euron's plan because we don't know how effective the horn truly is and what the details are. Him obtaining dragons and Daenerys Targaryen radically changes everything. If the horn actually allows him to have absolute controls over the dragons, he has a fleet and air superiority. He talks about not knowing if you can fly, you have to jump from a tower and see. He is not mad like the Mad King was, I think George means to portray him as a man consumed by power lust and the drive to dominate others. That doesn't mean he has lost his grip on reality and cannot plan things out, he has a plan, now we just have to see what it is worth.

Doesn't Melissandre have visions of him which makes him seem really important, can't remember it from memory but clearly he has a big role to play, I think the Ironborn storyline has been bubbling along until now but it will, I think, explode it TWOW. If he doesn't get a dragon then he's wasted everything surely, but if he has the only propperly controlled dragons then that's a game changer, although I have to wonder whether maybe Vic and Euron's chief role is to bring Dany the horn.

I feel like we're being too quick to discount Euron as crazy, manic and overreaching in his plans. The guy is one epic curveball. I think calling him the Joker of the pack summed it up well; a Loki-like figure bent on causing chaos. We've only really had a glimpse at what his master plan is and I don't think for a second it's what he's telling Victarion and the rest of Iron Born.

Even if the horn does what Euron thinks it will, his lack of interest or ability in negotiation and alliances will be his downfall. The Targs conquered with dragons. They secured their rule by rewarding houses that bent the knee, converting to the seven and eventually securing Dorne through marriage. It's hard to see Euron doing any of that. As we saw in Iraq Meereen, conquering is the easy part. The actual occupation is difficult and sometimes impossible.

Archived