Theories you don't buy into.

Blutraven

But if she felt that she had to, she'd do it. That is Melisandre; she believes in the 'greater good' and will do anything to achieve it.

She would most likely seek for help if she can't do it alone.

I think she knows experimenting with Jon's body to revive him isn't going to be helpful and will be a waste of time.

She would most likely seek for help if she can't do it alone.

I think she knows experimenting with Jon's body to revive him isn't going to be helpful and will be a waste of time.

What if she sees in her visions that that is the only way to revive Jon? She would definitely do it, in that case.

When was Coldhands said to be "very old"?

There are those, and I was one of them, who take Leaf's statement that "They [the Others/wights] killed him [Coldhands] long ago" to mean that she absolutely had to mean longer than a couple of years. Then I simply realized that the idea that Leaf absolutely had to mean tens, hundreds, or thousands of years ago instead of just a couple of years when she said "long ago" is just as big of an assumption as anything else. It certainly isn't the slam-dunk, smoking gun "proof" that Coldhands could never be Benjen that some people make it out to be.

I believe they killed him long ago, given the CotF longevity means at least a hundred or so years. But this is not the thread to argue that.

What if she sees in her visions that that is the only way to revive Jon? She would definitely do it, in that case.

Then there's a big chance she would do it.

But I doubt GRRM would write that in WoW.

And I think she knows about the "resurrection process" I mean in the show Thoros and Melisandre meet eachother and talked about the resurrection of Beric.

This might be a spoiler for what will happen in WoW.

The theory that Melisandre will burn Shireen to revive Jon ...

YES totally without grounds, the Kiss of fire is a "last rights" ritual which Thoros states he had seen done a thousand times it apears to just be the last rights of the followers of R'hllor, I do believe that Mel has had it done to her and ditto most red priests as at least her, Beric/Cat and Morroquo appear to not require sustenance nor sleep. BUT he says that he had never Seen it work nor did he expect it to. I don't think most Red Priests are privy to the possibility that it can resurrect life. Mainly because I believe that the Red Priests are the magical element not the religion itself. Is Mel in possession of enough magical abillity to resurrect Jon? I don't think so. Maybe I am wrong but I am not convinced she is. Thoros simply holds more innate magical abillity that he was aware of. And in any case the Kiss of fire DOES NOT INVOLVE BURING ANYONE.

I believe they killed him long ago, given the CotF longevity means at least a hundred or so years

Leaf doesn't say that one night at the campfire in storytelling mode, but as a reply to Bran whether he should worry that the wights would kill Coldhands right now. Frankly, a week ago would have been long in that context. 3 years definitely are.

But why must Leaf's time reference be tied to her length of life? It's certainly alright to approve of that assumption but it's still an assumption nonetheless.

It does'nt I simply don't think that is the case, as do many others. No one is right or wrong in this... yet

I'll list some of the main ones:

1. A good amount of the GNC.

2. Any Lannisters are Sekrit Targs.

3. Any theory the proclaims certain individuals as AA.

4. Any theory that argues Mel will burn Shireen.

5. Any theory that believes Coldhands=Benjen.

Co-sign

But...upthread you said this:

I believe they killed him long ago, given the CotF longevity means at least a hundred or so years. But this is not the thread to argue that.

To which I answered this:

But why must Leaf's time reference be tied to her length of life? It's certainly alright to approve of that assumption but it's still an assumption nonetheless.

And your answer was this:

It does'nt I simply don't think that is the case, as do many others. No one is right or wrong in this... yet

So, I'm a little confused. Do you think because Leaf happens to be long-lived she absolutely had to mean longer than a couple of years ago when she said "They killed him long ago" of Coldhands or not?

And don't get me wrong - it's fine to believe almost anything at this point with regard to Coldhands' former identity. It's just that I really, really disagree that Leaf absolutely had to mean longer than a couple of years when she said "long ago" just because she happens to live a long time.

Archived