Main POV's you think will die by the end of the series

FacelessDude

Cersei

Dany

Victarion

Arya

Theon are all definitely destined for the graveyard.

I'm in two minds about Tyrion,Jon and Jaime.As Tyrion's GRRM's favourite,I can see him surviving.I think Jon's future depends on whether he goes south,or stays north.Although all of Jamie's arc points to him being the valonquar and dying,I think there might be a twist in there.

dany - to achieve balance between ice and fire dragons must die, and i think their mother will die with them

jon snow - i really don't see him outilve dany

tyrion - kinslayer

theon - kinslayer

cersei - prophecy

jon connington - grey scale

melisandre - "fire wighs" will die with the dragons

victarion - same as above

barristan - the most probable POV we will lose in Mereen

Of all the POVs still alive, the lines mean who I think will be dead by series end.

Jon

Dany

Tyrion

Sansa

Arya

Bran

JonCon

Victarion

Theon

Asha

Aeron

Arianne

Areo Hotah

Davos

Melisandre

Cersei

Jaime

Barristan

Brienne

Samwell

So out of 20, I think 12 will be dead

Martin hasn't killed a female pov character in the series ( besides Cat but she couldn't stay dead) so all female pov characters are going to stay alive.

The pov's that are probobly going to die are:

Jaime

Theon

Jon

Victarion

Areo Hotah

Jon Connington

Barristan Selmy

That's all where I can come up with.

"They were dancing. In my dream. And everywhere the dragons danced the people died.”

Dany

Arya - Stranger

Jon - Warrior

Vic

Barristan

Sam

Damphair

JonCon

Arianne - Mother (gotta keep that Targ/Blackfyre line going!)

Davos - Father

Tyrion

Sansa - Maiden (somehow)

Bran - Smith

Jaime

Cersei

Mel - Crone

Areo

Theon

Brienne

I always thought that there would be 7 povs and they would all match up with the Faith for some reason :dunno:

"They were dancing. In my dream. And everywhere the dragons danced the people died.”

Dany

Arya - Stranger

Jon - Warrior

Vic

Barristan

Sam

Damphair

JonCon

Arianne - Mother (gotta keep that Targ/Blackfyre line going!)

Davos - Father

Tyrion

Sansa - Maiden (somehow)

Bran - Smith

Jaime

Cersei

Mel - Crone

Areo

Theon

Brienne

I always thought that there would be 7 povs and they would all match up with the Faith for some reason :dunno:

bran is the crone and rickon is the smith i think.

Arya

I want to believe she'll survive, but that quote seems way too legit to believe otherwise, specially when we remember the others hidden prophecies :bawl:

ETA the on topic post:

Arya (based on the above)

Jon (if so, please make him die before Arya. I don't want Jon finding about Arya's possible death)

Dany

Davos

Cersei

Jaime

Brienne

Jon Con

Good ol' Barry.

Nobody gives a flying fornication about Areo Hotah.

Among the extended Stark family POVs, I've tended to be of the opinion that they will all survive. The Starks took their knocks in the first half of the series. I guess the most likely would be Jon, though, since he's always had a ton of messianic overtones, and is linked with Dany, another possible candidate for death. Sansa and Bran are the ones I'm most certain will survive the series, between Bran's apparent magical role and Sansa's role seeming like one that will be important to the aftermath. Arya's kind of up in the air -- killing her would be the ballsiest ending Martin could do, but in some ways killing her would be a bit of a cop out. I'd rather see what the war-forged Arya would do after living through the great calamity.

Of the Lannister siblings, Cersei and Jaime are so fucking dead. In fact, they're both so obviously the kinds of characters who die in books like this that it would arguably be more shocking if one of them lived. Tyrion, I don't know; live, probably.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to believe she'll survive, but that quote seems way too legit to believe otherwise, specially when we remember the others hidden prophecies :bawl:

In never understood why people are so obsessed with that quote. If it was said by the ghost of high heart, ok I would buy it.

The word needle is used because it is used in the context of needlework, and Arya names her blade because of making fun of the other womens needle work.

Each makes sense for itself, but I would not go as far as that it is a forshadowing by the author. At least we should not take it as given.

Regarding likely deaths:

I would agree with the general consens about likely deaths with the following exceptions:

I have a feeling that one of the older POVs like Barristan or Connington might survive the series, ending in a bittersweet "and after all is said and done, I of all people have survived? I thought my life was about fulfilling a duty. Might be life is more than a mission" moment.

I am not so sure about Davos. I am scared for him in every chapter I read. The only time I felt save was the whole build-up about his head chopped, because it felt so much unlike Martin to have him die off screen and then confirm it later on.

Archived