theory about mothers of targaryen children.

TORMUNDSMEMBER10

The same thing applies to you, my dear. Nothing suggests us they are anything more special than others, except of having famous name. There are Targaryens in the history who weren't special at all, as there are members of certain families who were never special and those who were. I am not overlooking anything, I am just stating the obvious. And my dear, for something to change my mind, it has to be well-reasoned and to have textual basis. This simply hasn't.

But you haven't put forth anything from the text to show that they are not special. A great deal of GOT is about the Starks and their connection with the North and their lineage, and obviously the Direwolves showing up is no coincidence. Or do you think it is a coincidence? 6 pups and 6 Stark children, sigil of their house, pups who can warg with the 6 kids. They are a gift from the Gods, just like the dragon birth. A freakin comet even appeared the day the dragons were born, the Gods/fates/magic, whatever you want to call it, are involved with these 2 families. Once again I am not saying every member of the entire family is affected. For instance Dany is and Viserys isn't. When we are saying this it does not have to be all or nothing like you keep saying, some members of the families are more affected than others, that's where it comes down to the individual like you said. each person either has it or they dont. But just because 1 person does, does not mean everyone does as well.

But you haven't put forth anything from the text to show that they are not special. A great deal of GOT is about the Starks and their connection with the North and their lineage, and obviously the Direwolves showing up is no coincidence. Or do you think it is a coincidence? 6 pups and 6 Stark children, sigil of their house, pups who can warg with the 6 kids. They are a gift from the Gods, just like the dragon birth. A freakin comet even appeared the day the dragons were born, the Gods/fates/magic, whatever you want to call it, are involved with these 2 families. Once again I am not saying every member of the entire family is affected. For instance Dany is and Viserys isn't. When we are saying this it does not have to be all or nothing like you keep saying, some members of the families are more affected than others, that's where it comes down to the individual like you said. each person either has it or they dont. But just because 1 person does, does not mean everyone does as well.

Of course, Suzanna, they are special. They are given characters and writer has reasons why he wrote them, that's what makes them special. Furthermore, the fact we have 'mother of dragons', and 6 wargs make these characters special, but not their families entirely. With Starks there is magical ability that was inherited, with Dany we have some sort of ancient blood magic that allowed her to preform the ritual in which dragons where born. But, she alone is special, given that generations before her. And that's why they are special, there are plot reasons in which Martin tells a story about rather interesting generation. So, generalization about Starks and Targaryens are simply wrong. Not all Starks were wargs and wolves,and not all Targaryens in history were dragons.

Of course, Suzanna, they are special. They are given characters and writer has reasons why he wrote them, that's what makes them special. Furthermore, the fact we have 'mother of dragons', and 6 wargs make these characters special, but not their families entirely. With Starks there is magical ability that was inherited, with Dany we have some sort of ancient blood magic that allowed her to preform the ritual in which dragons where born. But, she alone is special, given that generations before her. And that's why they are special, there are plot reasons in which Martin tells a story about rather interesting generation. So, generalization about Starks and Targaryens are simply wrong. Not all Starks were wargs and wolves,and not all Targaryens in history were dragons.

haha ok, I mostly agree with that :)

Archived