theory about mothers of targaryen children.

TORMUNDSMEMBER10

I have a theory that the mother to a targaryen child has to be a targeryen for the birth to be safe. im sure someone will disprove this theory somehow but i would like to expain why.

If R+L=J is true then could lyanna's death giving birth be because she was not a targaryen so wasn't able to birth a targaryen child properly?

also the theory of tyrion being a targaryen, his mother died birthing him, is this coincidence or is there a connection (btw i hope tyrion is not a secret targ)

people will say what about elia? but we know that elia couldn't have another child as she was so weak from the first two, and martells have some targaryen in their bloodline so it may not have had immediate effect like the others, but it sure did have an effect on her, so does anyone else think this could be the case? or is this just a bit crackpot.

what purpose could this possibly serve in the plot ?

maybe more proof that tyrion and/or jon are targaryens? maybe that will be how we find out aegon is fake if arianne marries him and is fine after giving birth to his son? or even the opposite of that? doesnt have to be arianne it could be anyone. tyrion or jon could do the same (presuming they live) ?

This is rather bizarre because you're basically claiming that any woman who dies in child birth in the story did so because she was not a Targaryen but giving birth to a Targaryen. So logically, all of Aegon Unworthy's mistresses should have been dead. Rhaella must have come from the loins of someone else. Cat's mother found herself a Targaryen for her last child. Elia's frailty prior to being married has no relevance to why she became unable to have more children. Any of Walder's wives who died due to birthing complications probably did so because it was a Targ they were pushing out.

Yeah, this makes complete and absolute sense.

maybe more proof that tyrion and/or jon are targaryens? maybe that will be how we find out aegon is fake if arianne marries him and is fine after giving birth to his son? or even the opposite of that? doesnt have to be arianne it could be anyone. tyrion or jon could do the same (presuming they live) ?

sorry to be rude but if someone presented this as evidence to support Faegon's legitimacy, i wouldn't take them seriously

This is rather bizarre because you're basically claiming that any woman who dies in child birth in the story did so because she was not a Targaryen but giving birth to a Targaryen. So logically, all of Aegon Unworthy's mistresses should have been dead. Rhaella must have come from the loins of someone else. Cat's mother found herself a Targaryen for her last child. Elia's frailty prior to being married has no relevance to why she became unable to have more children. Any of Walder's wives who died due to birthing complications probably did so because it was a Targ they were pushing out.

Yeah, this makes complete and absolute sense.

look im saying this is my theory, not that this is stone cold evidence and everyone must accept, im not 'claiming' anything, im basically trying to discuss with other people whether this could be the case.

I have a theory that the mother to a targaryen child has to be a targeryen for the birth to be safe. im sure someone will disprove this theory somehow but i would like to expain why.

That would be a huge evolutionary disadvantage when it comes to spreading the superior Targaeryen Uebermensch genes. Stupid little genes, don't know what is good for them, bound to die out.

Alleles trying to keep the race pure? :D

look im saying this is my theory, not that this is stone cold evidence and everyone must accept, im not 'claiming' anything, im basically trying to discuss with other people whether this could be the case.

It's easily disproven though.

You have Viserys I's queens - both of whom were not Targaryen, and bore him plenty of children. The second of them was a Hightower without a drop of Targaryen blood in her veins, and she was healthy enough to try to put her son on the throne after her King's death - which led to the Dance of Dragons.

Then you have Myriah Martell, Daeron II's wife, who bore him 5 children.

As a counterpoint to them there is Rhaella, who died giving birth to Daenerys.

I think the point is that it doesn't make sense. Not even a little bit. I'm sure a story could be written where the rules are that members of a certain blood could only copulate with members of the same species and blood or else risk death (and, now that I think about it, I've read stories like this) but that's not something that GRRM has included in his story.

I see what you are saying OP, and I do think there is signifigance in the fact that Jon and Tyrion's mothers both died giving birth, but I don't think this theory will hold up, due to the fact that all through the targaryen lineage non-targ women survive birth to Targ's several times. But good idea and good thinking :)

That would be a huge evolutionary disadvantage when it comes to spreading the superior Targaeryen Uebermensch genes. Stupid little genes, don't know what is good for them, bound to die out.

Alleles trying to keep the race pure? :D

who says evolution is working in westeros resp. essos

who says evolution is working right now on earth for mammals

;)

Archived