Fantasy Football - Westeros Survivor League

Jaxom 1974

Four teams are still at risk for elimination.

Eyrie - 127.38 + L. McCoy
Sphinxes - 129.86 + R. Wayne and Cody Parkey
Septons - 136.50 + Andrew Luck and TY Hilton
Winterfell Fliers - 140.5

Looks like Winterfell is the odds on favorite for elimination. RG3 would be the primary culprit there. Jaxom's Septons are almost certainly safe. Mya has the next most serious risk and the Valyrian Sphinxes could conceivably fail.

I managed to survive my low score last week, mediocre one this week AND the goofball move of adding a TE to cover for Cameron but not putting him in the lineup (horrific realization about 30 minutes after the games started). Brees hasn't been what I hoped for, but he's been just good enough.

I made so many mistakes lol I'm surprised i will survive the cut.

My bench RB's had a combined 37 points...while my RB and my Flex RB had a combined 18, and my bench TE had 14 points, whom i thought i put on my active line-up, and my active TE had 3 points...lol

Got lucky.

We have our first casualty. The Winterfell Fliers have been grounded.

I would like to clarify something now while it still is theoretical. I will attempt to lock down the roster of the eliminated team on Tuesdays, barring something weird like an MNF game postponed one day. The actual elimination becomes official at kickoff of the first game of the next week, so there is always the possibility of a scoring change causing havoc. If that happens, I'll use my best judgment to undo whatever needs to be undone, but only if said change is implemented by Yahoo before kickoff of the first game. After that, results become final.

Same here. Going out week 1 with 70 and change among 16 teams would have really stunk, doubly so when week 2 had several teams much lower.

I think I will continue WJ's tradition of bidding farewell to some of the fantasy-relevant NFL players no longer part of our league.

Goodbye to RG3, Andre Johnson, Garcon, Montee Ball, Ellington, Helu, Phil Dawson, SF Defense.

Helu could be especially troublesome to Morris' owner - no fallback.

Won't confirm it until tomorrow morning, but barring something unprecedented, Mya Stone is out. On the plus side, she said she really didn't have time for it. And now she has all the time she needs... She picked first overall, and her first three picks were McCoy, Keenan Allen and Stafford. Three clinkers this week.

Goodbye Shady. Goodbye to two defenses. Pickings may get slim in that department.

I'm having trouble figuring out weekly standings. Is there a way to see that? without checking each team individually?

There are only two ways I have found. The total on StatTracker is usually accurate. Then on Tuesday morning, the actual league total in the Pts Changed column becomes real, after reflecting Gods Know What all weekend.

ETA - Mya's Mavericks are on permanent time-out. Might have repercussions down the road as both Stafford and perhaps the best backup QB in the league, Big Ben are gone. As are handcuffs C. Michael and C. Hyde. And what is a league without Zach Miller. Almost makes it not worth getting up in the morning.

On the topic of my team, ugh. Something must change or I am destined to join Scuba Steve and Mya in oblivion soon. Taliaferro firmly taking the reins is probably my best hope.

One of my friends who filled in may be the first casualty pretty much eliminated on a Thursday. The Clegane Keep Hounds started Cousins (over Eli, ouch), DeSean and the Skins D (plus Cruz). Four slots in, including the QB and he stands at 18.18 points.

His best hope is the deadheaded autoJax team Qarth - who don't have a QB this week.

I really need to find a volunteer to run that team after this week. Can't be an eliminated player unless they have a second Yahoo ID.

Down to three candidates for elimination.

Clegane Keep Hounds - 53.68

Jaime's RightHand Man - 46.78 + Shane Vereen

Horn Hill Ser Piggies - 52.98 + Jamaal Charles, Steven Gostkowski

I'd put the rough odds at 75% Clegane, 25% Handless, and .01% Groz.

Good Luck everyone.

Looks like Vereen came up 2 yards short for Ser Jaime. We'll wait for tomorrow for any stat adjustments, but it appears the Hounds hunt again.

FYI, we do have a tie-breaker rule in this format. The two teams play off the next week and whichever of them scores least is eliminated. Then the higher team is subject to elimination as well if and only if they are the low scorer among remaining teams.

Scores held steady overnight and Jaime'sRightHandMan is done. Out go Russell Wilson and Calvin Johnson and Alshon Jeffrey. Key backup RBs Alfred Blue, Andre Williams, Fred Jackson, Isaiah Crowell and Jarick McKinnon also gone. Always a challenge to survive one's QB bye week and even though Whitehurst had passable numbers, the rest of the Handymen did not.

Clegane survives by a Hound's tooth. On we go!

Something wacky is going on with Yahoo scoring right now. It has lost points for specific players and temporarily changed some week 4 results. This has happened in the past and they generally sort it out in a day or two.

I am going to keep the Qarth team playing active players. Still a chance for someone to take over if they aren't already in the league.

On the bubble Week 5

Valyria Dragons - 73.06

Quiet Isle Septons - 65.48 + Sidney Rice

Horn Hill Ser Piggys - 63.90 + Gostkowski

Valyrian Sphinxes - 46.34 + AJ Green and Bengals D

Unlikely but possible

Qarth Sorrowful Men - 65.70 + Dalton

Sunspear Sand Snakes - 54.40 + Ridley, J. Hill and Brady

Tyrion's Harlots - 56.34 + Marshawn, Gronkowski and Seattle D

Everyone else is safe.

I think it most likely Qarth, Sunspear and the Harlots are through to next week. I think Race's Dragons are least likely of the remaining four. The other three have some fingernails to bite.

Archived