Fantasy Football - Westeros Survivor League

Jaxom 1974

Alas it is I, Mo-Dean.

I felt I did what I could to overcome the stacked bye weeks, by moving Harvin and Forsett for Cobb, but even still, it was not enough. Never really overcame whiffing on the 3rd, 4th and 5th rounds of the draft with Harvin, Cameron and Ray Rice. This week wasn't so much about any of my players really stinking it up (save McManus) as about nobody stepping up. It looks like I will be at least fifteen points behind everyone else with my score of 75.70.

Farewell to the defending champion (well, most recent at least). Farewell to the Commish. Farewell to Brees, DeMarco Murray, Cobb, Sims, Boobie, MalFloyd, and two more defenses.

Looks like I got Belichicked. :( A zero in my Flex due to Gray getting say after scored 4 TD's My three best players were on Bye and A bad week by Cutler and Marshall doomed me. Still the Bills D nealy pulled it out for me. 1 more sack would have done it.

Evil Bill has struck. The Valyrian Dragons overslept their alarm clocks and were .48 late for practice. Farewell to the Bears. LeVeon does not come back from bye - he's leavin'. No more Benjamins for Kelvin. Jay is Cut. Race is the only owner in America saying "I wish I'd started Kyle Rudolph".

The Final Five remain. Horn Hill scrapes by by Samwell Tarly's chinny-chin-chin-chin-chin-chin-chin-chin-chins.

Down to four. Two of the survivors are the two friends I coaxed into the league at the last minute who've never seen this forum. PLEASE save me from the ignominy of having one of them win after years of telling them how tough the Westeros leagues were. PLEASE.

Harrenhal met Balerion. Goodbye to Sanders and DeMaryius. Close the Gates. No Morris. Goodbye to Kapernick. Heck, goodbye BECAUSE Kaepernick.

Lord Dracarys wins this one with 1.78 points or more from CJ Anderson. Good finale.

Up until Robert's Colts (Moncreif and Fleener) pooped the bed and Beckham lit up the Rams in the late games, it looked like this one could go either way.

• 7 months later...

This league is back as well and there are at least three open slots.  PM me your email address (and post here) if you want one.

ETA:

For those that don't/couldn't recall, this had a very unique format.  Sixteen teams, not head to head - Rotisserie Scoring.  At the end of week 2, the team with the lowest total score is eliminated from the league.  The commissioner locks down his/her roster and they can no longer make transactions or score points, taking his roster of players out of the game for the rest of the year.

Every week thereafter, the team with the lowest score for that week is eliminated.  Overall otal score means NOTHING in this league.  By week 16, only two teams remain.   Probably the most exciting format I've played.  You don't have to be good, you just have to NEVER be the worst.  The best overall team doesn't always win.  One bad week and you are done.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived