Tommen has been recast

Patchface Targaryen

That article is quoting WiC.net as their source, so you might as well link the WiC.net post. :P

Anyway, they wouldn't have needed to do this IF THEY DIDN'T CAST AN ACTRESS FOR MARGAERY WHO IS TWICE AS OLD AS THE CHARACTER.

I liked little Tommen...

Ugh, I don't wanna cry "wolf" before seeing the kid act, but the awesome thing about Tommen is how young he is and how everyone just have him sign papers and put the royal seal.

Now I bet we won't have the royal decree to outlaw beets or Ser Pounce, and Tommen will be just a serious teen. And this affects his relationship with Cersei too, since he will be old enough to make his own decisions.

Not happy about this, Tommen is one of my favorite characters. But I'll see the show and maybe D&D shut me up.

The original Tommen would have worked fine, how old was Callum Wharry? If they were going to change the actor they should have gone with younger, maybe a slightly chubby kid just for cuteness and comedic effect. This change seems wrong, the character of Tommen completely changes without his youthful innocence. Maybe they know something about what happens to Tommen in the upcoming books and there was a need to make him older. :/

I think that Tommen - Margaery wedding is supposed to be creepy. She's buried two husbands already and in Westeros she's a woman grown already. And the carts and beet stories are there to show us that the king is still a child indeed. Moreover, it would give Margaery a motive to look for pleasurse outside the royal bed.

IMHO the actor was recast because they need a better actor from now on. We would never know how Callum would perform but (at least according to IMDB) DCC has gathered acting experience in several shows. And from now on Tommen would have to do more than just sit on Cerei's laps. I guess we just have to trust the casting crew on this one.

Ugh, I don't wanna cry "wolf" before seeing the kid act, but the awesome thing about Tommen is how young he is and how everyone just have him sign papers and put the royal seal.

Now I bet we won't have the royal decree to outlaw beets or Ser Pounce, and Tommen will be just a serious teen. And this affects his relationship with Cersei too, since he will be old enough to make his own decisions.

Not happy about this, Tommen is one of my favorite characters. But I'll see the show and maybe D&D shut me up.

Im not a fan either. I know they had to make every character older, but the best thing about Tommens story is that he is a care-free child.

I find it really hard for someone like him to just make do with sealing royal letters.

It's really, really sloppy to recast someone in another role when they've already killed that person's character off. Surely viewers might recognize him as the dead Lannister hostage? It would only confuse them further. Finding a chubby kid to play Tommen really can't be that hard if they needed to recast him.

Casual viewers probably won't notice a thing after his hair has been dyed to Lannister gold and he's wearing royal clothing.

So Tommen is suddenly older than Myrcella now? This seems like a bizarre choice to me.

Myrcella's actress looks much older now than when we saw hear in season 1 and briefly in season 2.

Archived