Which Characters IYO Died Like a Boss(Obvious Spoilers)

Arthur Dayne's Honor

Donal seems the clear winner, Ser Waymar a close second. Smalljon's was pretty boss, he was wasted and still did everything he could to protect his king. Aery's was stupid at the end of the day, no matter how heroic he tried to be. And he still got butchered by the rock that is Areo Hotah.

It's no coincidence that all the best deaths belong to members of the Night's Watch. Donal Noye, Quorin Halfhand, Waymar Royce, Yoren, even Small Paul (saved Sam from Puddles). They may be supposedly "debtors, poachers, rapers, thieves and bastards" when they take the black, but the cold makes them men soon enough.

My Top Five (in no particular order)

Waymar Royce ("Dance with me then.")

Donal Noye (whoever said he "went 300" was so right)

Qhorin Halfhand (he really took one for the team)

Dacey Mormont (died fighting with a flagon of all things)

Syrio Forel (a man needs no explanation)

Honorable mention goes to Courtnay Penrose (and should Wyman Manderly die of his wounds I would have to add him to the list too), for last words like a boss.

Ser Courtney Penrose, one of my favorite characters in the books. I just read Arys Oakheart's charge the other day so it is fresh on my mind. Squire Dalbridge staying behind left an impact on me when I read it. I'm with ya'll though. Waymar Royce, the show ruined what could have been an awesome opening scene.

And Smalljon, can't forget the dude my name is after

SER WAYMAR ROYCE FUCK YEAH

Ser Waymar met him bravely. “Dance with me then.” He lifted his sword high over his head, defiant. His hands trembled from the weight of it, or perhaps from the cold. Yet in that moment, Will thought, he was a boy no longer, but a man of the Night’s Watch.

I think Noye is a great character and his "death embrace" with Mag is pretty epic... BUT when we're talking about Boss Deaths I think it is important to have the catchphrase as well like : "Shadows and dust." Proximo - Gladiator or " Time...to die" Roy Batty-Blade Runner or "You were my captain...my brother...my king!" Really do I need to identify that one??? That is why my vote goes for Waymar Royce and "Dance with me then."

He lied and took back all his words, going against his honour by lying in front of everyone in order to have his life spared... That doesn't count as dying like a boss.

Didn't he call out for his mother, or am i remembering that wrong?

You are remembering it as it was dramatized in the show. Robb's last words in A Storm of Swords were "Grey Wind."

The Spearwives Mance took with him to Winterfell. Frenya in particular, who fought off six guards while having the rope, then gets killed by arrows. Altogether, they manage to infiltrate the establishment, kill a whole bunch of Roose's men, (Rowan even killed Yellow Dick then stuffed his mouth with his own balls) successfully rescue Theon and Jeyne, people they don't know, then all die intense deaths. If the letter is true, then they are all currently a blanket. It is pretty damn courageous stuff.

Others....

Donal Noye (Such a painful end...yet so selfless)

Yoren.

Waymar Royce (I agree with the "Dance with me" quote. He did show a brave end)

Dacey Mormont.

Archived