Which Characters IYO Died Like a Boss(Obvious Spoilers)

Arthur Dayne's Honor

waymar royce and donal noyle top the list for me truly went out with a bang.

Yoren and arys also deserve a shout out since they took people with them.

That old man that the wildlings wanted jon to kill went out like a boss too no backing down no fear.

Who did Arys kill before his death? I don't recall him doing that.

Who was the guy in the Night's Watch that stayed behind with bow and arrow to buy the Halfhand's boys some time? That was one of the best small moments in the book, IMO. A guy gives his life to improve his friends's odds from 99% certain death to 95% certain death... and he doesn't need to be told twice, and he doesn't give everybody a hug and shit, he just goes: "Alright, take care of my horse," and walks off. What a guy.

I'd also second Waymar Royce. I watched the show before reading the books, and that moment when an incredibly minor character revealed hidden depths and died bravely against all expectation... that was when I knew I was reading a bloody good book.

Who was the guy in the Night's Watch that stayed behind with bow and arrow to buy the Halfhand's boys some time? That was one of the best small moments in the book, IMO. A guy gives his life to improve his friends's odds from 99% certain death to 95% certain death... and he doesn't need to be told twice, and he doesn't give everybody a hug and shit, he just goes: "Alright, take care of my horse," and walks off. What a guy.

I'd also second Waymar Royce. I watched the show before reading the books, and that moment when an incredibly minor character revealed hidden depths and died bravely against all expectation... that was when I knew I was reading a bloody good book.

That would be Squire Dalbridge. Yep, that was very awesome.

He lied to have his daughters' lives spared. Ned Stark tossing aside his own honor to protect his daughters gets my respect.

This. He did it once already for Lyanna, and again for his daughters.

My vote's for Wyman Royce. And Coldhands' elk.

Archived