Which Characters IYO Died Like a Boss(Obvious Spoilers)

Arthur Dayne's Honor

While I agree with all of the above, except Oberyn (victim of his own arrogance) and Syrio (there is no way he could be dead), I think that Waymar Royce doesn't get enough credit. Surrounded by creatures who came right out of spine-chillers (pun intended), which he still adresses with "Dance with me then!" (gow badass is that?!?!?!), and which on top of it also severly outclass him as fighters, him, of all the thousands of knights in the realm, being the furthest from King Robert, he shouts his name in a desperate battlecry before going out like the truest of the so scarce true men of the Night's Watch. <<<<<

Whoever mentioned the boar that killed Robert, that was hilarious.

Donal Noye and Yoren both qualify. Waymar Royce too, he went out like a man. Talbert Serry deserves a mention, in my opinion, he had to know he was going to die, and even Victarion respected the guy's last stand.

But my nomination goes to Cortnay Penrose--even though they weren't his last words, since he died "off-screen" later that night, the way he stood up to Stannis outside Storm's End was manly as all hell, I think you can definitely say he went out like a badass.

Waymar Royce.

Yup, Such an epic death imo.

The Other slid forward on silent feet. In its hand was a longsword like none that Will had ever seen. No human metal had gone into the forging of that blade. It was alive with moonlight, translucent, a shard of crystal so thin that it seemed almost to vanish when seen edge-on. There was a faint blue shimmer to the thing, a ghost-light that played around its edges, and somehow Will knew it was sharper than any razor.

Ser Waymar met him bravely. “Dance with me then.” He lifted his sword high over his head, defiant. His hands trembled from the weight of it, or perhaps from the cold. Yet in that moment, Will thought, he was a boy no longer, but a man of the Night’s Watch.

The Other halted. Will saw its eyes; blue, deeper and bluer than any human eyes, a blue that burned like ice. They fixed on the longsword trembling on high, watched the moonlight running cold along the metal. For a heartbeat he dared to hope.

They emerged silently from the shadows, twins to the first. Three of them . . . four . . . five . . . Ser Waymar may have felt the cold that came with them, but he never saw them, never heard them. Will had to call out. It was his duty. And his death, if he did. He shivered, and hugged the tree, and kept the silence.

The pale sword came shivering through the air.

Ser Waymar met it with steel. When the blades met, there was no ring of metal on metal; only a high, thin sound at the edge of hearing, like an animal screaming in pain. Royce checked a second blow, and a third, then fell back a step. Another flurry of blows, and he fell back again.

Behind him, to right, to left, all around him, the watchers stood patient, faceless, silent, the shifting patterns of their delicate armor making them all but invisible in the wood. Yet they made no move to interfere.

Again and again the swords met, until Will wanted to cover his ears against the strange anguished keening of their clash. Ser Waymar was panting from the effort now, his breath steaming in the moonlight. His blade was white with frost; the Other’s danced with pale blue light.

Then Royce’s parry came a beat too late. The pale sword bit through the ringmail beneath his arm. The young lord cried out in pain. Blood welled between the rings. It steamed in the cold, and the droplets seemed red as fire where they touched the snow. Ser Waymar’s fingers brushed his side. His moleskin glove came away soaked with red.

The Other said something in a language that Will did not know; his voice was like the cracking of ice on a winter lake, and the words were mocking.

Ser Waymar Royce found his fury. “For Robert!” he shouted, and he came up snarling, lifting the frost-covered longsword with both hands and swinging it around in a flat sidearm slash with all his weight behind it. The Other’s parry was almost lazy.

When the blades touched, the steel shattered.

A scream echoed through the forest night, and the longsword shivered into a hundred brittle pieces, the shards scattering like a rain of needles. Royce went to his knees, shrieking, and covered his eyes. Blood welled between his fingers.

The watchers moved forward together, as if some signal had been given. Swords rose and fell, all in a deathly silence. It was cold butchery. The pale blades sliced through ringmail as if it were silk. Will closed his eyes. Far beneath him, he heard their voices and laughter sharp as icicles.

the most badass death, I would have to go with Yoren. Even in the book, it's made pretty clear that he took a lot of people down with him when he fell. In the show, he's even more badass.

Syrio, obviously.

Also, I don't know about badass, but at least extremely courageous, Cressen, who was basically willing to accept his own death for the greater good of his lord (or so he thought).

Oh, and Qhorin Halfhand, Stonesnake and pretty much all the rangers who were with Jon before he yielded to the free folk. They all sacrificed themselves for the realm, most especially Qhorin.

Archived