Briene's Last Word - Oathkeeper or Family

Tenzinkendrick

Many have suggested Brienne's land word was 'sword'. Here is another suggestion. First, tell me, what was the sword Brienne carried when Catelyn captured her? http://awoiaf.wester....php/Oathkeeper Oathkeeper. Observe the link for more information.

Stoneheart knows that it was forged from Eddard's sword, and its name. Perhaps that name brings Catelyn to her senses, to an extent - realizing that Brienne has been keeping her oath to find Sansa?

Or look at the Tully words. Family, duty, honor. Family before duty, duty before honor. And which comes first? Family. And whose family was Brienne trying to find? Catelyn's. This could also convince Stoneheart to come to her senses and spare Brienne, having grown up hearing those words and knowing what they mean.

And please, no replies with 'she said saphires!'. This is not a request for troll answers

The word she spoke to get out of being hanged was "sword." And I'm not sure I can find it on here because the SSMs are a complete mess, but I'm also pretty certain GRRM confirmed as such.

He did. Back up a little in the chapter. She was told to choose between two things.

How does Brienne referencing how her sword used to be part of Ned's convince LS of her innocence?

LS doesn't think she's innocent and perhaps doesn't care. She wants Brienne to fight for her cause, and/or deliver/kill Jaime.

That's the only way Brienne is given the opportunity to prove her allegiance.

“She says that you must prove your faith.”

All she asks from you is Jaime Lannister.

Archived