Anti-Feminist Internet Meme + Privacy Invasion = Let's discuss the Internet.

A Time for Wolves

No, your post wasn't droll at all.

I was commenting on your attitude to this woman in question, not on your argument. I actually thought that was clear.

The link is a demonstration of an internet debate technique, where you address your interlocutor as if you're a wealthy Bond villain studying a specimen - "fascinating", "bizarre", etc - and otherwise refrain from addressing their post.

Ahh, another personal attack. Point taken.

Umm no, and I've got no idea how you take it that way. I'd take it as your name is very similar to the name of the cartoon and so prompted the memory of that cartoon. Most people who have watched it really enjoyed it.

The link is a demonstration of an internet debate technique, where you address your interlocutor as if you're a wealthy Bond villain studying a specimen - "fascinating", "bizarre", etc - and otherwise refrain from addressing their post.

Okay. I fully acknowledge I didn't address your argument.

I was more interested on your hostility toward the victim.

Okay. I fully acknowledge I didn't address your argument.

I was more interested on your hostility toward the victim.

Fair enough.

I wouldn't even know about this meme if it wasn't for this thread. It can't be too widespread- it's no Grumpy Cat.

Exactly, it's not even a 5/10 meme. The spread is all Streisand Effect, from the girl acting like she can tell the internet what to do.

Archived